denmark loudspeakers???

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
anybody else ever hear of denmark loudspeakers? i am sitting here at work and a friend of mine calls me up and says he just bought a pair off a guy in a van for $200. he asked me what i thought of these speakers? i told him i never heard of them, but i would look some stuff up on the web. audioreview, nothing. ebay, couple of guys selling these... type in denmarkloudspeaker.com and i come to a web site. i try to send an email, just to see if it goes through, it doesn't. this cracks me up, cause this is the 3rd person in the past year i've heard of buying these speakers from some guy in a van.... they are E830RL supposedly $1390/pr. anyone else ever hear of these, or even a similar story to this with these speakers???
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Eddie624
    Eddie624 Posts: 77
    edited February 2002
    Well a few years ago i had some guy in van trying to sell me some speakers in a van while we were driving. I never did stop and look at them or anything i pretty much just blew him off. I just have to ask myself why would someone sell something that if it is that high quality for so cheap. Would you buy a set of say the top of the line polks from a guy in a van for like 200 bucks. To me there is something wrong with this picture. But that is just how i feel. I would hate to buy them and find out they are some imitations that just have a polk emblem on them.
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    If you look on there website they do have like 6 us locations with telephone numbers you could call and find out about them.
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    oh, i feel the same way. i'd never buy anything this way, i was just curious how 'big' these outfits are???
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    ...sounds to me like a white van operation. Probably told your friend that they were doing an install at a club or and had an extra pair or something to that effect. This is a pretty old scam and they go under various names, here in Charleston, they are Dogg Digital Monitors or something like that.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    what the hell do these guys do, just build these things in their basement and set-up a fake website???:D
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Yeah TroyD this was in charleston were the dude was screaming out his window to me about the speakers. Yeah and if i remember right it was something like theyhad this extra pair or 2 they were just trying to get rid of.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2002
    Actually, man, we had a discussion abou this about a year ago on the old forum. They aren't homebrew speaks per se....but this is their whole m.o. of distribution. Kind of like a ghetto Avon if you will. To answer your earlier question, this is a pretty big outfit, you will probably find them in most major localities.

Eddie624, where in SC are you at?

Troy
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Troy i am in the same town u are i believe. On some other forum u were on and u posted your addy i replied to your post cause i live in N Charleston as well if u are still living there. Hey where do you go golfing at. I do a lot of golf and play with tons of different people so might have even met you before wouldnt that be a small world?
  • TroyD
    edited February 2002
    Eddie,

I still live in North Chuck, in the Appian Landing III subdivision off Dorchester Road and Ashley Phosphate in the development behind the McDonalds and new Publix.....I do play a lot of golf, mostly on the AF Base. My email addy is wdion@knology.net, we will have to hook up and play some golf and talk audio.

Troy
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Damn dude u are just down the road i live over ini Archdale. I havent played at the AF base in years. Usually play at Kings Grant or Legend Oaks Pineforest or the new municipal course.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2002
    I've seen these Denmark 830's come up for sale around home. Yes, its tempting. I concluded that its gotta be some sort of scam. I doubt they are well engineered - my guess.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2002
    gimmie a shout via email and we will hook up and I will give you a demo of my modest gear....

I play Kings Grant about once a month or so. Legend Oaks, Pine Forest very occaisionally.....I haven't played the new muny yet. The base course isn't the greatest but for a GI, you can't beat the membership rates...

Troy
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    i doubt it too! it's amazing that they can make enough sales selling speakers out of a van, i just gotta laugh...:)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Not a complete list, but all below are 'scam' speakers. (ie, not worth anywhere NEAR the asking price)

Dynlab SDA
    Denmark
    Paradym
    Dogg Digital
    Digital Pro Audio
    Acoustic Audio
    Acoustic Studio Series
    Audio Pro
    Fluance
    Nuance
    Goky
    Koda

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Thats cool i woldnt mind checking your setup. Do you shop at many places in this area besides CC. I have been down to dashboard and that is about it for me.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2002
    hifi shops around here are pretty scarce.

AudioWarehouse is good for HT stuff. They carry B&W and Klipsch for the most part.

Dashboard is OK but the don't really keep much in stock, the deal mostly in Paragdigm and Boston Acoustics.

Peachtree Acoustics in Mt P, the guy that runs it is a good dude. They carry Paradigm and Magnepan....they have pretty good demo equipment....I go there quite a bit.

Troy
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Audiowarehouse is that the one that used to be next to Manifest Disc and tapes. Is that place still there or did they move?
  • TroyD
    edited February 2002
    they are now at the corner of Orleans Rd and Glenn McConnel Parkway.

Troy
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Thats cool think i may have to go check out what they got
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2002
    you guys need to get a room! lol

scott:D
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    sounds like the white van hit again, here is a another white van speaker (dog digital) dont buy these.or (denmark digital).
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • joe logston
    edited February 2002
    sorry russ didnt see your list
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

• jim v.
    jim v. Posts: 25
    edited February 2002
    I worked at electronics retailer store and this customer walked in with a pair of those audio pro speakers, a two way design with a tweeter and 2 mid/bass drivers, we were curious and cracked them open only to find out they were made of particle board, the speakers also did not contain any crossovers, we estimate the total in parts to be no more than 30 bucks, the customer paid $200 and apparantly he bought them off a guy in a white van down by the river.
  • joe logston
    edited February 2002
    russ heres one on fluance speakers http://www.autioreview.com/fluanceshowcasectx.aspx
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub