Are these good prices for these models?

Options
NuckingFuts
NuckingFuts Posts: 77
edited November 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Im really in the hunt for some LS90's but will settle for some LS50's if they're a good buy.

Anyway, found these on ebay and wanted to know if they sold for a good price? Can I find better deals? If so, where?
Thanks

LS90's

LS50's
Post edited by NuckingFuts on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I've not heard the 50's, but can't imagine that they'd get that close to the 90's price-wise...

I've a record of one other pair of 50's on ebay and they went for $280.

I've heard the 90's and I'd pay that for the 90's... I've seen two other pair on the Bay..
    $600 in March, '04 and the ones that just sold for $414, but are relisted due to non-paying bidder, AKA idiot...

Don't forget the 70's, smack dab in the middle... Only seen two pair of these:
    Winning bid: US $276.00 (Reserve met)
    Ended: Sep-26-04 20:33:38 PDT
    and...
    Winning bid: US $365.00
    Ended: Mar-18-04 16:54:52 PST

Again, have not heard the 70's, but if I could land a pair under $300, I'd take a shot at them...

Whatcha got amp-wise to drive them?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • rocky
    rocky Posts: 1
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I recently tried to "replace" my 70's with 90's, but I can't bring myself to get rid of the 70's. The 70's seem to be a little more "bass loaded" than the 90's but the 90's are probably more accurate and it will take time to warm up to them. Either speaker will give you alot of great listening! Whatever you end up with be sure and by-wire them they really sound better that way.