SDA inside filler placement?????

Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
edited October 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Doing a rebuild on some SDA's and there was no filler so i did a guess as compared to what the placement was on my previous Monitor 7's and monitor 10's. Had it behind tweets and just to the top if the mids. Would this be sufficient enough or should i go lower with it? Any behind the passives?

Any help is much appreciated as always......

SDA Bound Pauly! :)
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited October 2004
    Should be filler on the back and side walls down to the top of the PR, none around the PR at all.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2004
    I'll give that a try, thanks.
    Life without music would
  • egp823
    egp823 Posts: 74
    edited October 2004
    How about fillers on the SDA-crs? Should there be none also behind the radiators? Noticed mine had fillers between the front and back of speaker , should i move them ? tks a lot for any advise.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited October 2004
    The acoustic dampening (filler) for the CRS is placed behind the stereo (inner) driver in each cabinet. Since the rear-firing passive radiator is directly behind the stereo driver, the filler sits between them.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!