Monitor 4 Ser. II port tube

Options
B3Nut
B3Nut Posts: 76
edited October 2004 in Vintage Speakers
I have a pair of Monitor 4 Series 2, and my port tubes have gome unglued. What's the best adhesive to reglue them? I want a good permanent repair, I've had these since new and want to keep 'em around. Grills are long gone, I usually mixed with grills off so my dogs took care of the grills :D but I love the sound of them.

Thanks!

TP
Post edited by B3Nut on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Not my area, but I am going to guess (and it's only a guess) that silicon caulk is the way to go.

Let's see what the knowledgeable folk say...

Welcome to the Club...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Liquid Nails.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Elmers.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Yellow type, not pre-school white Elmers.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • B3Nut
    B3Nut Posts: 76
    edited October 2004
    Options
    kewl, I'll hit Home Depot tomorrow...

Thanks! Be nice getting these old friends singing again...

TP
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Well... at least I didn't guess "duct tape"... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD