Since we are on the subject of posters...HEY PREDATOR!...

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited February 2002 in Music & Movies
If you are still around...I was looking at the pictures of your HT (pretty nice btw)...and there it was...the poster I have been looking for. The Memorex guy in the leather jacket getting blown away in his chair. Where did you find it? I would like to get a copy. If anyone else knows where I might purchase a copy I would appreciate the info. I have searched all of the internet poster, art and audio memoribilia sites and have even gone to Memorex's home page looking for it to no avail. That is one of the greatest audio ad pictures of all time.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    It was Maxell not Memorex, might get ya closer to finding it.
    Chris :)
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2002
    i have the same poster except for that there is a house cat sitting on the tv roaring with the caption on the bottom of the poster that sez tuna breath:p
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • shack
    edited February 2002
    Thanks Chris

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    neon blown away

don't know how much i care for this one personally, just thought i'd post it...
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited February 2002
    Juice-

First link took me to art.com.
    Tried search...
    "blown away" brought up "Castaway"
    tried "Maxell"
    got nada.

Am I missing something?

-luc
  • shack
    edited February 2002
    Thanks Juice... I will soon have my poster!

trubluluc - the link took me directly to the poster at art.com

maybe try typing this link:

http://allwall.com/asp/product_search.asp?Search_String=blown

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited February 2002
    "yes I believe I'll have to have one of those"

-luc
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    if i had some open wall space, i'd get one too. definitely a cool poster...
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    I hate the word 'poster', sounds so teen-ager-ish, so cheap, so state-fair.

Lets call it a 'print', if that would be ok with ya'll.......

Cheers,
    Russ

Actually, is there not another name for the 'movie prints', isn't this called something specific????? Not a playbill, what is it?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    some vintage posters are reffered to as 'one sheet' in the collecting world...

actually, i guess new ones are too. of course these refer to the 27"x41" originally theatrically released prints. the 'blown away' print is 24"x36", so i don't know if it can fall into the same genre...:D

just trying to make it even more difficult to categorize...:D
  • shack
    edited February 2002
    I hate the word 'poster', sounds so teen-ager-ish, so cheap, so state-fair.

How about:

A COLOR REPRODUCTION OF ORIGINAL ADVERTISMENT ARTWORK SUITABLE FOR FRAMING

• CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    Maxell still has them, all the different types. You an even get wallpaper of it. I bet I don't pay $23.95 though. I originally paid $3.50 in a mag ad hope they are free or like $5.00.

I wilpost when they callmeback today, I'm gonna try and get a free one out of them. My original is almost 20 years old, man that makes me feel real old. I was useig Maxell tapes back then there were no CDs.
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
  • CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    Juice- I looked through quote. And I tried to go to images.ofoto.com but got to a blank page with the exception of Apache and a feather on top.

I called Maxell back and talked to marketing. I got the poster for free. Their is an Emma and a person whos name tarts with a K. Kurt Ken something you guys might want to give he a calland get one if you wan one. They give them away as a promotion.
  • shack
    edited February 2002
    Do you have a telephone #? or where did you find it?

• juice21
    edited February 2002
    deamnit, that was cool too! i uploaded the image to ophoto, but i guess it didn't work, i saw it on my machine at work today, but now that i am in cape cod looking at it, i get a little 'x'. it was my lazy way of trying to get it up without posting it on my website. when i get back to pa, i will post it up for you....
  • CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    Shack-Yeah I have the number. Maxell 1-800-533-0515 don't say your from a forum maybe everyone who wants one can get a freebee.

Juice-The Cape! Sounds like fun. I Used to go there for weekend trips when I lived in NJ with an old girl friend. It was more like sex get aways back then, living at home with the rents. Man my key board is dieing, this sucks trying to type. Maybe is the bateries, it will miss leters and cut & past on its own. I'll have to edit this.
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    ths cape is a cool place! definitely more to do in the summer than now (proabably wouldn't even get on this forum in the summer), but still a great place to retreat to and get away from work for a few days, it's so laid back here...:D
  • CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    I think the water would have a bit of chill to it now. I can't remember everything we did back then but it woul take way mre then a week end to see it all. Another place we went was the Blue Ridge Mountians in VA. It is pretty much my favorite, going up in the mountians or down in the caverns awsome man just awsome. The hotel up their had no TV radio nothing but a great view of the valley. Makes me want to go back, they open in March.
    Have a great week end bro!
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    thanks man, i will! i come up here 4/5 times a year, so a long weekend here and there is cool. coming back for a week in the summer...:D
  • CHRIS
    edited February 2002
    I got my poster from Maxell yesterday. No charge, now I just have to get one of those cheap frames like you get when you win a poster at the shore/beach/Seaside.