RTA 11 - (Real Time Array) - sellable?

2»

Comments

• Terpsfan
    Terpsfan Posts: 8
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    Marty,

Just as I suspected after listening to them at your place, my wife wants me to use them in the 2 CH rig and move the SDA 2-B's to the family room system (pssst... it ain't gonna' happen!) She likes the 11's over the SDA's because of the slightly crisper highs and attenuated bass the 11's provide with the "padding" on the passive sub-bass radiators. She's turning into quite the little audiophile - gotta' love it!

Thanks for selling me (another) great set of Polks.

Mike
    Mike,

Glad to hear that they were a hit with your wife - they do produce a fantastic sound. It was great meeting you.... enjoy the 11's!

My place looks twice as large with the 11's gone. So... I've been looking at the space and thinking, 2 CH bookshelves, or .... hmmm, 5.1 surround with perhaps one of the Polk Sub/Sat packages?? But, I'm going to finish the basement first and then worry about the LR.... so about 3 more weeks 'til that decision!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2004
    This place is great, Polkies at their best.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited October 2004
    The 11's at their adopted home with their new step-brothers:
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Terpsfan
    But, I'm going to finish the basement first and then worry about the LR....

Marty,

I'd love to see the HT when you finish the remodel project. Audio-filly and the kids are movie fan(atic)s. When I described what you're doing, I got a very expensive sounding "well?" from her.
    :eek: FrankZ has already given me some great ideas on incorporating all the Maggies I have into a HT setup.

Mike
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2004
    ... and still room for more. :D

BMDP,
    Your counterpoint is a hybrid... Yes? I've never heard, but have been intrigued by them in the past.

Can't wait to see on our home page say:
    "Newest Member: audio_filly"

I think I get royalties, or at least dibs on the next Mon 11 move...

Later
    T2
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Your counterpoint is a hybrid... Yes? I've never heard, but have been intrigued by them in the past.
    T2,

It's been a solid performer with my Maggie MG-1s for nearly 20 years. I auditioned several amps back then and it was a hands-down winner for me with jazz and blues. I smoked the power transformer in it awhile back and, after looking/pricing/listening to several things in its class, I decided to bite the bullet and have Mike Elliot rebuild it for me. That's were it is right now (Alta Vista Audio in CA). I hope to have it back shortly.
    I think I get royalties, or at least dibs on the next Mon 11 move...
    Next 11's are yours for sure. At the moment, I'm lusting for a pair of SDA 1's or SDA-SRS 1.2's (yeah, I know - dream on!) - then, I'll need a larger home!!

Take care,

Mike
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2004
    Mike - I have a pair of SDA1C's for you when we're both ready. I'm on the prowl.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Mike - I have a pair of SDA1C's for you when we're both ready. I'm on the prowl.

Deal! (man, I'm glad audio-philly is asleep at the moment)