PSW 350 No Good as Coffee Table!

Sean De Freitas
Sean De Freitas Posts: 52
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Let me say that Polk Subbies (I have the PSW 350) are absolutely no good as coffee tables. If you are thinking of buying one as such (which is the only reason my wife let me buy mine) you will be very disappointed.

My daughters DVD of KYLIE LIVE IN SYDNEY (DTS) played at half volume makes the subbie hop so much it ACTUALLY vibrated a glass (which you sit on coffee tables, don't you?) off, smashing it to a million pieces on the floor.

She was horrified! I was thrilled! Wow, what a buzz. I've heard these things will rattle the windows, but how about that. That bass line on the DVD was so powerful and pulsing, it was enough to jump a fairly heavy glass to the edge, and smash.

Hey, I love it!!!!!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    what a great way to dup your wife into getting a subwoofer. 'oh, look honey, this would make a good size end table....' if it's a furniture purchase rather than an electronic purchase, i'm sure you have alot better luck in bringing it home... enjoy your new table...i mean sub...:D
  • Sean De Freitas
    Sean De Freitas Posts: 52
    edited February 2002
    What, are you saying my wife is blond???? Well, actually she is, but I tell everyone she is a brunette. Just like I tell everyone my 350 is a coffee table. And, I am really Father Christmas. Don't laugh, at least it gets results.
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    I warned my wife not to put her coffee mug on the 350, needless to say she spent half of the day cleaning the carpet after whatching Pearl Harbour,...Aussie, Aussie, Aussie :)
    The Wonder From Downunder