Hey John/Micah

Options
GUNTHER
GUNTHER Posts: 22
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Help you guys. This is Spaceman from way back. This forum sure has changed from my last visit. Look I got a question for you. I used to use M3's for my rear surrounds. Now I want to change to something more powerful. What do you suggest. They must be sonically comparable with my 3.1TL's and CS350 center. Any suggestions?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Gunther,

I use the FX500i's for side surrounds with the RT25i's for rear surrounds. Perhaps the RT35i's would make for better rear surrounds - though, that is debatable. Anyway, I'm running the 3.1TL's upfront along with the CS400i center.

Ron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Ron's all over that one.

How many "Rons" do we have here, anyway?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I'll ring in anyway.

I'm using the CS400 and the FX500's with my SRS 2.3's. I love the diffused soundfield the FX500's produce. Some like it that way and some like a more direct sound. Let your ears be the judge.

John
    No excuses!
  • GUNTHER
    GUNTHER Posts: 22
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Thanks Gents(I take Gents with a grain of salt)

Of course I meant John Strong, he's been a member of this forum as long as I remember. At least several years. I think I'll go with the Rt 35i. I need something that will hold up under pressure(volume). The M3's did a great job but I'm in the "new and improved" mode so I'm looking for suggestions also they must be mounted on the back wall due to pre wiring (hmmmm maybe not).

Oh well I'll try it and see

Thanks for the input

Gunther
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    Options
    John, you're like an honorary Polk employee!

No discounts, so don't even ask!

:D

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hey Gunther-I have been here three years and am trying to place you. IMO the older monitors with the same tweter such as the 7s moounted on speaker wall mounts from Crutchfiels.com might be a good rear. The mounts swival and angle up/down they are avalible in different weight catigories. Just a thought since I use monitors for my bedroom H/T. I have 2xM12s, 2xM7s, 2xM4.6, and a CS350 for center.
    Chris :)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2002
    Options
    How about the discoun...DAMN, cutoff before I could finish!

There must be something I could do to feel like a Polk employee....hmmmm....I know, I'll have a cup of coffee in my Polk coffee cup. Atleast I'll know even the great Micah is drinking his out of the cheap **** foam cups.

Gunther, I can't remember you, but welcome back. Watch that "gents" remark. I'm into my second childhood right now and that word is not appropriate! Just call me kid, punkass, snotnose brat or anything along those lines. :D

John (The Brat)
    No excuses!