enclosures for mids/wiring questions??????

octopus rex
octopus rex Posts: 1
edited July 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
I recently bought 2 pair of MM645s because I have a lot of money to blow :) they are not installed yet so I just have to ask...
What gauge wire comes with the speakers? I'm sure its been "scientifically tested" for optimal quality and all that rot, but I'd just like to know the AWG for the record.
Second and more critically, what size boxes would you recommend for the midranges? The speakers are going in a Scirocco, which features wonderful 4x6" holes... I cut holes in the back deck, but I'm afraid they won't sound good free-air since I took the back seat out. Not to mention there's no way in hell they are fitting in the front door.
So here's what I did: bought some 1/4" plywood from Home depot and built some boxes 9x9x4". I've covered both sides of all the wood with Dynamat Xtreme, but I was second guessing myself recently. Is there an optimal size box for these? Will the ones I made work well? I'm planning on covering them with commercial carpet inside and out when I get some, good idea or bad? I just want really good sound!!!!! if anyone can help me
Post edited by octopus rex on