We're going back to that?!

mjk91383
mjk91383 Posts: 298
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
what in the hell is this garbage?

http://www.videobusiness.com/news/012902_dvhs_studios.asp

why go back to those massive chunks of plastic? beats me...

joe :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    yeah, i don't get this either, let's just embrace dvd whole-heartidly and let VHS (no matter how amped up it is) fall off the face of the earth...
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    At the very least, each believes that the new D-VHS addresses a niche market that it feels will grow in the coming years. It also offers consumers a new machine that also will play their existing library of videocassettes
    whats the point you have to buy a NEW vcr to watch the NEW D-VHS, one might as well buy a DVD player..
    The new format is the brainchild of JVC, which developed the original analog VHS format that's now being overtaken by DVD.
    sounds like JVC trying to stay in the market..they should just make DVD's for the movie company's instead of trying to create a whole new market..
    No matter how you look at it, it is still a TAPE, that will wear out eventually
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited January 2002
    No Thanks!

With PVR's Taking over your recording needs and DD not available on tape I see no use for a VHS. My VCR is a dust collector.
    They should spend there R&D on DVD-HD and DVD-R.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    yes, HD-DVD is were the R&D $$$ needs to be spent. 5-7 years until it hits the market....:(
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Man, another example of this industry just being as dumb as a box of hammers.

It's almost as if they figure their sales will skyrocket in direct proportion to how confused the consumer is.

This is the dumbest thing I've seen a while. I hope NO ONE buys into this crap.

Support & educate about DVD.
    Support & educate about OAR.
    Support & educate about multi-channel sound.
    But don't confuse and go backwards.

I am shaking my head at JVC.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited January 2002
    VHS SUCKS we all know that but until DVD R OR RW,whatever format becomes as affordable as todays dvd players we are stuck with it. Last time i noticed my HK DVD10 still cannot record last nights Wrestling on cable while i slept????????? :o:confused:
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    VHS SUCKS we all know that but until DVD R OR RW,whatever format becomes as affordable as todays dvd players we are stuck with it.
    It won't be long. Computer DVD-R drives are under $400.

Aaron
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    my good old vcr is just collecting dust too.. i have never used it too record, there really isnt anything on tv worth recording and if there is it is usually a movie.. and if i am wanting to record a movie, i might as well buy it ON DVD..havent got the heart to pull my vcr out of the entertainment center as it was a major contributor to my ht for so many years;)
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray