B&K Silver ST125.2 Amplifier for Sale

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited June 2004
    Oh yeah --

It is hard to do it though, not just audio.

See my friends live about 30 minutes away from my Dad - so I see them when I can...

Audio though has been incorporated in alot of my friends life as well -- I have gotten several addicted, not as bad as I have gotten into though. lol...

Summer for me is to really see my Dad and get to know him better as I spent the first 12 years or so ignoring him. So I guess Audio is one way I get to do that as well.

But I keep in touch with my friends and do what I can when I can.

Just harder since my Dad moved.

Ah well --

I have been doing this since summer of 2002 pretty straight forwards - i've gotten it pretty evened out. Most of my system is built on working on the weekends and the summer.

Anyway -- Thank you again! And will pay you as it comes indeed.

- Trey
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    OOOOHHHHHHH!!!

I'm gettin' all misty eyed!!!

This is what we're all about!:)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2004
    One can only hope that he has it paid off before he gets tired of it......:D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    LOL

I usually don't get tired of gear...Usually if I hate it - I hate it...

Then other times -- I like it, then I put back what i had before and am like Jesus what was I hearing before...

oh well
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2004
    Trey,

Found the box in the attic and the owner's manual. I just finished checking her out for the last time. It has the blue power on light in case you didn't know. She sounds sweet.

I'm finishing up the boxing for shipment; will try to get it out to you tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll send ya a PM with the tracking number.

Congrats man. I think you'll like it a lot.

Paul
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    HFMOG!

That...thing...looks...GREAT!!!

:eek:

Email the tracking number here please - vr3mxxtrmespl2k3@hotmail.com

I hope it arrives on Friday..that way I can be there to get it!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2004
    Just for fun I wouldn't send it out until Thursday......:D :D:D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • pjdami
    edited June 2004
    Trey,

Your amp was shipped today. I double boxed it so the box is huge.

It will get to you on Wednesday UPS Ground.

Send me an email / PM with your email address and I'll send you you're tracking number.

You have PMs and email through here turned off. What ya getting spam from these guys here or what? LOL..:D
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    nah - it has been disabled for several different reasons...

i'll talk to ya on aim

thank you again!
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Hey Paul, Amp arrived at 2:12 today -- and I have been trying to get someone to bring the dang thing inside...

But just letting you know it arrived - should hear it sometime tonight or tommorow...if not later!

Thanks again dude!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Is it too heavy for you to carry in by yourself? :D
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited June 2004
    Yeah....whatup with that? :confused:
    You'd think with all that yard work you'd be pretty buff by now :p
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • pjdami
    edited June 2004
    Trey got the amp shipped to his mom's house and he is by his father's house.

Man you can't convince your dad to bring you to your mom's? Too far away?

Please, get that thing inside. I'm kinda surprised your mom can't do it. It's only 35 lbs and double boxed it appears heavier than it really is.

Paul
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Ah - my Mom just got home at 5 oclock!

My sister, her best friend was killed in a car wreck and isn't up to doing anything. We got it inside, and all is well!

And yes, I am at my Dad's house and can't do much of anything.

Today has been jam-packed so I havn't been able to go anywhere...

Will let ya know how it sounds when I get my chance...

- Sid Da *Dirty, soaked in mud* kid

After we get the yard mowed in the next 20 minutes I will probally be headed home. (possibly).
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Good luck with your new amp. That is quite a piece of gear for a guy your age. You should be very proud of your financial and work habits! Now, if you can just keep the freakin armorall away from it.. :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited June 2004
    Congratulations Sid. B&K amps sound superb with SDA speakers. Just a hint in case you get another upgrade bug by the end of the summer. The amp has enough power to run a set of the smaller SDAs very well at high volume.

Make sure to leave plenty of room above and to the sides of the amp because the B&K is a MOSFET design that is designed to run warm. You may find that it sounds sweeter when it has warmed up for about 15 minutes. It is a beautiful design. I think you might find yourself staring at it for a while once you set it in a place of honor.

Paul is a heck of a guy for letting it go.
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Well I got it plugged up -

BTW, excellent packing -- lol.

Anyways, the thing looks great! The caps in this sucker are HUGE.

Ok ok, you wanna know how I think it sounds eh --

WELL...

How should I say this? Relaxed? Clear? Refined? Spacious? Airy?

It is about the OPPOSITE of Adcom. Adcom is kinda forwards, spatted out --

The B&K, HERE WE GO (The word I was looking for), IS EFFORTLESS! It just kinda lays it all out, and keeps the detail.

No SDAs anytime soon, not in my current room anyways. I am looking at Definitives -- anyways

I have these plugged up to the definitives right now and I think I found what these things needed. Much cleaner on the top end, and alot more detail than before! Not near as sibilant either. This thing is great, gotta get back to listening -- will do a follow up once I get more listening time in. Stay tuned.

Thank you Paul and everyone!

- Sid Da Kid
  • pjdami
    edited June 2004
    Sid,

Congrats man. I am happy to hear that it got to you in great shape. So fast it seems too.

Remember what we talked about the other night on AIM and what Emlyn reiterated above:

1) Make sure you give the amp room to breathe on top; it will get warm but shouldn't get hot.

2) Make sure you wait a good 10 minutes or so after powering it down for the capacitors to discharge before you go unplugging / plugging anything into it. That amp stores quite a bit of charge immediately after shutdown.

So it sounds great eh? Where's that thread again "all amps sound the same". :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2004
    So it sounds great eh? Where's that thread again "all amps sound the same".

Thats just comments from inexperienced people or people who never heard better stuff.

All amps don't sound the same,not in this lifetime.

dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Well so far I havn't turned it off :D lol

It has about 4 (give or take) inches of room to breathe on top.

The left side gets pretty hot, while the right side is like an ice cube. However, whatever way you want to flip it -- It is still a cooler running amp than ANY Adcom I have owned.

This thing sounds great, and indeed does sound better after it warms up. I heard a significant increase in detail after about 10-15 minutes of play time.

No way, I havn't heard any receiver or amp that sounds the same. They all have their identity and characteristics --

Now here is something I should say, the Adcom isnt shamed by the B&K. I mean in all areas it IS** better than the 545. However, I wouldn't pay 800 bucks to get this kind of difference. It is well worth the 400-425 (whatever it is, lol, done forgot) --

Great amp. The binding post - I don't like them. Atleast, i dont like where the speaker wire goes under...
    I like to go above so I can see what I am doing - but thats just me.

Now, next on my list is pay off paul! and then go after the Def tech BP10 then a speaker switcher...and from there...who the eff knows.

So far so good! The soundstage is amazing on the Definitives with this amp, by far.
  • pjdami
    edited June 2004
    Great amp. The binding post - I don't like them. Atleast, i dont like where the speaker wire goes under...

Yeah, I forgot about those binding posts. Time to get some banana plugs or some spades man.
    Now here is something I should say, the Adcom isnt shamed by the B&K. I mean in all areas it IS** better than the 545. However, I wouldn't pay 800 bucks to get this kind of difference. It is well worth the 400-425

Sid, that was my concern before you bought the amp. However, looks like you can hear a tonal difference which is what matters if your system before was sounding too bright for you.

Paul
  • pjdami
    edited June 2004
    P.S.

I want to see a pic in the new home please!

p.p.s. your first installment is due in two weeks. should I send the payment book coupons?...LOL...:D
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    I hope to send you out 100 dollars in the next few days ---

the total is 425 right?

Ah yeah - I will take pics when I get the chance, I will have to borrow my Dad's camera! (blurry pic coming soon!)
  • pjdami
    edited July 2004
    Trey,

I received the money order today as you promised. So you get a big Atta Boy for that.

Paul
  • VR3
    edited July 2004
    Cool deal --

I hope to get another out to ya...Tuesday hopefully --
  • VR3
    edited July 2004
    Alright - heres ya some pics! Bah nah nah!
  • VR3
    edited July 2004
    here is the new centers, thanks Scott for this original idea -- they look mammoth!
  • VR3
    edited July 2004
    And here is da new AMP! WOOO HOOO!
  • pjdami
    edited July 2004
    Looking good. Now why can't you scoot the whole system to the left about a foot or two? Is that a window or a door to the left of the RTi70 you posted in the "reflections" thread drawing? You're killing some of your soundstage being so close to the wall on the right hand side with your speakers.
  • VR3
    edited July 2004
    Eh....

Don't want to get the speakers TO close together ---

If I moved them closer together we are looking at like 4 feet apart....

In reality, I just need a larger room! LOL

The reflection spot -- is on the right side, above the desk....