WHo posts as Polkster on Home Theater SPot?

jdelan
jdelan Posts: 244
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Just wondering if it's anyone here...

Does anyone here post there? Just wondering, I was banned yesterday cause I had a differing view than the owners. Good site for info, bad site to disagree with people.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• hlalanne
    hlalanne Posts: 183
    edited January 2002
    just to let you know there is now a Polk Audio forum on Home Theater SPot.

if you don't mind me asking what got you banned ?:confused:
    Wooden Delight Theater

9/11
    NEVER Forget !!!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Were you the one that got band because of that on line Mits seller, shopsunshine?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited January 2002
    Well, it's twofold. I was actually banned 2x.

1. I posted a comment that was taken out of context and then one of the owners applied it to herself instead of towards the actual people I was talking to.
    There were some comments about how Toshiba Customer Service sucks and they had mentioned there might be legal action against a Certain Bulletin Board if they did not remove a post stating how to get around the Toshiba Warranty.
    People were blasting Toshiba cause they thought it applied to The SPot and I basically said, "Don't everyone get your Panties in a bunch over something you know nothing about."
    And since I used the Word Panties the Only Female in the thread took it personal, and banned me.
    Now, not sure about others but I use that saying ALOT whenever people, male or female, start getting worked up over nothing. She didnt see it that way, but saw it as me bashing women and banned me.
    I talked with another of the owners and stated my side and he gave me the benefit of the doubt and reinstated me.

Part 2.

2. A person named Polkster posted that he was upset at One Call and the Service he had received. He went on to say that One Call and The SPot are in bed together and end up **** us over.
    Other people disagreed with him and praised OneCall, a few bashed him, including one of the Owners and then I posted.

“Polkster is just looking to find the best deal he can for the item he wants.
    We all do it. I dont think there was any smear campaign on his part, just that he pointed out some bad experiences he had read about One call and a bad experience he had himself. There have been numerous threads praising OneCall and like any business you have bad experiences. No reason to look for an underlying theme. He had a bad experience, He posted about it, End of story.”

One of the Owners thought it was another personal attack and banned me again. I guess she thought I was trying to put her down and The SPot down. This time I said the hell with it, not worth the effort and I can still get the info I want without posting.
    So now I just read the board and I am still banned and not gonna ask to unban me nor am I gonna create a new account. NO hard feelings, they did what they felt right at their Forum. While I might not agree with it, it's their site, they can do as they please.

SO that is my banning story...Oscar Material? Or am I Movie of the Week? Or Afterschool Special?
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    We need to start banning people from the Polk Forum! It'd be fun! :D

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Maybe we should start with Aaron, look at his post-count above. Hmmmmmm

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    ...great, Aaron...now this thread REALLY has the potential to piss people off.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    Aaron++ // for you C++ and Java fans

Aaron
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2002
    J-

You're clearly a rable rousing houligan.
    And there's no place for you in a civilized forum.
    To think of it, a female in a home theater forum,
    and a owner no less. I guess it was bound to happen.
    I'm clearly an underachiever.
    As to your original questione,
    I am a polkster, but it wasn't me.

-luc
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited January 2002
    Read my thoughts under Empathy...................:confused:
    The Wonder From Downunder