rt3000 subs

Options
bubby500
bubby500 Posts: 3
edited July 2001 in Technical/Setup
The subs in one of my rt3000 speakers sounds like somebody pouring sand into a bowl. They sound like this when they are played loud. It just sounds like something is loose. Does this mean they are blown? How much would it cost me to replace them? I won them off of an auction and I don't believe the warranty is any good anymore. They are only 3 years old. Also, what would be the best way to hook them up? I have tried the first method in the manual, but I know they could sound a lot better, I think.
Post edited by bubby500 on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I think the driver is probably bad, I did try to replace the speaker drivers a couple times with my speakers, even-thought they are under the warranty, I call Polk, order the drivers, they deliver them the next coupe days, all you need is the screwdrivers and 15 min of your time. You can order those parts right in here, and Polk give discound to all Polk members. Good luck.... :cool:
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited July 2001
    Options
    You need to give more info on your setup. Do you have the whole RT3000 setup? What are you driving them with? As for the problem with the sub, contact Ken S. at Polk and ask him what you stated here as to the noise. I would call Polk tech (Ken S.) before ANY replacement. No use guessing and wasteing money.
    Chris
    Chris :)