Anyone have a SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer?

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,907
They are on sale at SVS: https://www.svsound.com/collections/nsd-series/products/pb12-nsd

What do you think of this sub?

How does it compare to the VTF-2 MK5 Subwoofer?

Which one would you buy?

Thanks
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    I haven't heard that model but for $500, 45 day trial and free shipping kinda a no brainer....
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited November 2018
    +1, the "trial" is kind of a Jedi mind trick, I can't imagine too many people sending these products back because they under-performed. If anything, I would think it would only get folks contemplating adding a 2nd one.

No comment on the VTF-2 however, I honestly never heard one of them. Can you try both and send back the one you liked less? FWIW I do have an SVS, it's an 11yo PB12-NSD/2 that's still going strong.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Milito
    The VTF-2 is $77.00 more shipped and from the reviews I've read it is rated better. It also has more tuning options on the amp and has 2 ports instead of the one on the SVS. I'm thinking the VTF-2 is the way I'm going to go, but I'm going to wait and see what Black Friday has to offer.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    edited November 2018
    Ordered the VTF-2 MK5 today. I can't put anything bigger in the space I have to put it in. Bad part of it is I have to wait till Christmas to use it although I will have to check it out to see if it works. That's what I'm telling the wife anyway, then I put it back in the box.

However I did buy a Sony 65" 900F yesterday so it's not all bad and I'm watching the Cowboy game on it now.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Nice! I ordered one as well. Also the biggest I could fit in my custom built ins. I will be able to use it if someone else will set it up for me as I am currently on the DL.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I have the SB12-NSD in my system. It took a little while to get it decently integrated, but it works well. I have considered adding a second as well.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs