Surround speaker upgrade

I am currently using OWM5's as rear surrounds, and OWM3's as a front height channel, to go along with TSx 440 fronts and TSx 250c center. I would like to improve the rear surround at this point and was interested in the FXi A6 as the new rear channel. I read somewhere that these can be used with any series of POLKS, but POLKS website says that all of their series are 'timbre matched'. Can I use the FXi A6's in my set up without disrupting any sound qualities? Thanks.

Comments

• mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,527
    Yes you can, If your AVR has auto EQ and calibration you will be fine.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk T15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Even try calibrating what you currently have might help too if you havent already done so.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.