RT3000P Cap Replacement Problems

I just recently bought a full 4 piece rt3000p speaker set off my friend for 40$. When I got them home and tested them, they both sounded distorted, so I figured the caps in the plate amp were dried. I was right. I replaced them, put it all back together, and plugged it in to test it. On the first speaker, there was a very loud buzzing, and then smoke poured out and THEN the fuse on the power supply blew. I took a look inside, and the board with the caps was fried. I checked the polarity of the caps, and they were correct. I checked for shorts, etc. Nothing. Discouraged, I figured it might be something to do with another component on the board, so I figured I would try the other one. Upon doing so, I plugged it in, and nothing happened. I looked inside and this time the fuse blew. I can't figure out what's wrong, and I was wondering if maybe someone could help.

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,275
    I can't help but that's gotta suck big time. :'(

I hope you get them working again somehow.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,207
    Check the rectifier, the power transformer, resisters, varistors, voltage regulator, and all other semiconductors. I had one that had a shorted main transformer that kept blowing fuses.
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster