Need a Great Center Speaker! Polk RTi12 fronts, FXi3 rears, X2 PSW12 bass...

Thinking about upgrading my Center Channel Speaker!

I have been looking at the Polk CSi A6 but it is to big for my cabinet. Wondering if the S35 would work as I could make room just below the tv???

Cabinet space is 17-1/2"w X 7"h X 15"d
On cabinet 4-1/2"h X 84"w X 20"d

Any other recommendations?

Configuration:
Denon AVR-X4400H 9.2 amp (11.2 capable)
Configuration: 7.2.2
Bi-amp RTi12 (left, right)
FXi3 pair, rear, (left, right)
PSW12 - x2 (left, right)
Klipsch Quintet III height (left, right)
Accoustic Profiles PSL-C2 (center)

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,884
    I see an issue with timbre matching...
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,244
    If you could make a little more space on top of the cabinet, you could get the CSi A4. It’s even on sale on Polk’s website (at least the black version is) for $150. :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,527
    Hmmm, I would try to stay with a CSi center. Even the CSi-A4 is 20" wide. My easy answer is to build a cabinet to hold a CSi-A6 like I did. If you must go with the S35 Audyssey EQ will bring it close but not perfect. I have S60 L/R and use a CSi-A6 for the center works nice.

One thing I noticed from your system setup is you're bi-amping. I found doing this with an AVR a waste. If anything pull the brass jumpers off and use speaker cable.
    rnvpgze60srb.jpg

Doing this made more of an improvement.

Last but not least, RTi12 like a lot of power to get the most out of them. Adding a seperate amp is the best way to go. Even a Emotiva BasX-A300 will bring out more from your speakers.

Last subs. your's are not bad but not great. SVS or HSU make a great line of subs. Sell yours and put it towards a better SVS or HSU.

Welcome to club Polk :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk T15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2