Bias question on a Rogue Cronus Magnum 2

I checked the bias the other day, following the instructions from the manual.

Three tubes went perfectly.

On one, however, when I flipped the bias switch the meter jumped up like it was supposed to. I went to adjust it like the other three, but when I used the tool to turn the tiny screw...the meter didn't move at all. The meter is supposed to move when I adjust the screw. When I flipped the switch back the other way the meter went to zero.

I tried it a couple times and same thing on that one tube. I could turn the screw all I wanted back and forth, but the meter didn't move. Audio sounds fine, so I'm not sure whats going on. Is it the fuse? Is that screw stripped?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Paul
Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
Man Cave
Turntable - 1) Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold; 2) Sony PS LX410/Grado Green
Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH, Parks Audio Budgie; CD - Marantz DV4001
Preamp - Dared SL2000a, Luminous Audio Axiom II; Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500A
Speakers - SDA 2A (x-overs etc...); Epos Epic 2; Polk Audio Monitor 70 (my first)

Comments

• mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,750
    I would Contact rogue. I emailed them a question regarding my stereo 100 and I had a reply in about 2 hours.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• FaustinFaustin Posts: 765
    ^^^This^^^
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,053
    Good thought. I will do that.
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - 1) Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold; 2) Sony PS LX410/Grado Green
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH, Parks Audio Budgie; CD - Marantz DV4001
    Preamp - Dared SL2000a, Luminous Audio Axiom II; Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers - SDA 2A (x-overs etc...); Epos Epic 2; Polk Audio Monitor 70 (my first)