SDA CRS, Blade/Blade with SL2000 tweeters, stock crossovers.

I got these in trade from @CH46E.. I like these speakers, but I don’t like them as much as any of my other pairs of speakers so they generally are left in the closet. The SDA effect does work, and it is very cool, but they are a bit bright for me and I don’t want to pay for the RD0 replacement tweeters when I already have several pairs of speakers I like more. I want to be done with audio for a while, and I don’t feel like storing these.
So, I’m gonna let them go. They are in perfect functional condition, with no issues whatsoever. One of the MW drivers’ connector tabs is a bit loose, and the connector on the end of the wire was missing, so I clamped a new connector on. I also put glue on the magnets to keep them from slipping. Dimensional tweeters are unplugged, but I can plug them back in if you want.
Cosmetically they are fair. Finish is pretty good on one speaker, with just a few nicks here and there, and the back corners damaged. The other speaker is also pretty good other than the right side, on which the veneer is really peeling.
Can’t seem to find what the normal going rate is, so I’m gonna say $150 if you have more than 100 posts, $175 if you don’t.
Local pickup only, although I may offer shipping in the future.
I’ll post some pics once I get them out of my closet. :)
Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Comments

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 731
    They were a great sounding set. And had I not had a very hyper Belgian Malinois, I might have picked up some nice stands and kept them for the living room. All the drivers and PR were on really good shape.

GLWTS Micha.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,682
    That's a deal for sure!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,760
    Where is local? GLWYS. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,244
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Where is local? GLWYS. Peace. D

Ugh, it seems like I forget this every single time I sell something.
    45 minutes North of Orlando, FL.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Forgot to mention, I do not have the SDA cable. If you like, I could provide you with a 8 foot piece of Monoprice cable, although I think most of you here have a spare blade/blade cable lying around. :)
    Micah

edited October 30
    Micha, you are welcome to use my place as a middle meeting point if someone in S. Florida wants them. As you already know I'm 45 min east of Orlando on the coast. Anything I can do to help just let me know.
    CH46E wrote: »
    Micha, you are welcome to use my place as a middle meeting point if someone in S. Florida wants them. As you already know I'm 45 min east of Orlando on the coast. Anything I can do to help just let me know.

Thanks! :)
    Micah

Pics. :)
    wrxlgnrramj9.jpeg
    preao3ngakr5.jpeg
    s24b5vph50fl.jpeg
    ipmd5a4d2gt4.jpeg
    4ujnasadu5t3.jpeg
    1jl3cx33q31o.jpeg
    ya8b3yfn9xio.jpeg
    h4kastveoif9.jpeg
    bpzs2icssz7r.jpeg
    5s66wdm6unpx.jpeg
    Micah

I think your price is very good. Last few I've seen sell was just around $300.00
    I think your price is very good. Last few I've seen sell was just around $300.00

Woah, I’m selling these cheaper than I thought. I’ll leave the prices the same though, y’all have helped me, and that help (and the friendships I’ve made) is worth a heckuva lot more than an extra $100.
    Micah

There’s a minty pair on CL here in Detroit for 3 hundie.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,521
    verb wrote: »

What is keeping them from being mint?
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

What is keeping them from being mint?

Talking about mine? In that case, quite a lot.
    Micah

mlistens03 wrote: »

No, the "minty" pair from Detroit he mentioned. Please, PLEASE tell me you guys don't use the word "minty" to mean the same thing as "mint", because that level of ghey would just be off the charts. :o

No, the "minty" pair from Detroit he mentioned. Please, PLEASE tell me you guys don't use the word "minty" to mean the same thing as "mint", because that level of ghey would just be off the charts. :o

I don’t. Minty to me is new in box. Like new is an immaculate but used product.
    Micah

That's "mint" though. I thought "minty" was "not quite mint", as in "mintish".

Even worse is "no brainer". That sounds like something someone with no brain would do or say. :p

That's "mint" though. I thought "minty" was "not quite mint", as in "mintish".

Even worse is "no brainer". That sounds like something someone with no brain would do or say. :p

Wait, so hold on, let me get this straight...
    Mint= new in box
    Minty/like new= immaculate but used product
    Good, fair, etc. everyone knows those.
    And then no brainer = zombie? :p
    Micah

Mint= new in box
    HAHAHA NO!

Well, not "new in box". But things that are indistinguishable from new are considered "mint". Things that are close, say a rating of 8 or 9 out of 10, are considered "near mint". And "minty"? That should not be used by straight people. :/
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,163
    would you like a minty Jim ? :*
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    would you like a minty Jim ? :*

I COULD OF used one last night. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mint= new in box
    HAHAHA NO!

Well, not "new in box". But things that are indistinguishable from new are considered "mint". Things that are close, say a rating of 8 or 9 out of 10, are considered "near mint". And "minty"? That should not be used by straight people. :/

Adding cultural etiquette to your repertoire? Minty Jimmy? :smile:
    For the record, please find below to the aforementioned "minty" pair. I actually looked at these, same seller I bought a pair of "minty" 5JR's from. He would not budge lower than $250, so I passed on it. That was almost 2 months ago.
    xwhysozf5qng.png

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/pair-of-polk-audio-sda/6691878701.html
    Bump. :)
    Micah

I actually kind of miss these. Far better than the KEF K120 I put in their void.