What to do when you step in....

2»

Comments

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,350
    edited October 30
    I take them off put them in a bag, drive to the nearest Carpetland USA, put them back on and walk around the store pretending I want to buy something until I walk it off :s. I actually do the curb thing rub them in the grass, then put them up against the fence with the soiled bottoms facing me stand back about 15 feet set the hose to the stream position and let er rip.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 842
    edited October 31
    Far worse than...I cant think of much except maybe the human version or a dead corpse of some time (how timely for 🎃)
    [/quote]

Ok; here's a few from the construction trades; fresh tack coat from asphalt paving will never ever come off your shoes or your carpet, fresh concrete also makes a nice mess of your shoes as does crawling down inside a manhole; no telling what you'll step into there.
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
  • Jetmaker737Jetmaker737 Posts: 851
    Jack Black looks like a friggin oompa loompa in that
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,536
    Little known fact: Jack Black IS an oompa loompa.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,432
    Little known fact: Jack Black IS an oompa loompa.

And here I thought he was just another self-important Hollywood jackwagon.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    I liked Jack Black on the "Tenacious D" show on HBO back in the late 90s. Then I saw him hosting "Saturday Night Live" and during his opening monologue, a boom mic came a little too close to his head and he acted all aggravated. I continued watching and noticed several more examples of this type of reaction.

Ironically, he seemed to suffer from the kind of "prima donna bullcrap" that Tenacious D made fun of after he started getting more and more film roles. :/
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    My flip flops go through the wash. They are what I wear for the most part, because I don’t like wearing sneakers unless I’m doing more than just walking around. Sneakers get a hose, and a piece of mulch to try and get it out, because mulch is right there by the hose. :)
    Thats it??? A hose and piece of mulch!?! Tell me you dont wear those in the house😂

No, I don’t. :)
    I only use sneakers for playing sports and such. And, you’d be surprised by how well a small piece of mulch, “sharpened” on the sidewalk, gets that [email protected] (literally) out of shoes.
    And, I don’t usually step in dog ****. I haven’t stepped in it for probably over 2 years now, and counting. For me, that is 3 pairs of shoes. (I keep needing bigger ones. :D )
    The censored word above is P - O - O - P, not a different word. :#

Does the mulch work for in between the toes as well? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    verb wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    My flip flops go through the wash. They are what I wear for the most part, because I don’t like wearing sneakers unless I’m doing more than just walking around. Sneakers get a hose, and a piece of mulch to try and get it out, because mulch is right there by the hose. :)
    Thats it??? A hose and piece of mulch!?! Tell me you dont wear those in the house😂

No, I don’t. :)
    I only use sneakers for playing sports and such. And, you’d be surprised by how well a small piece of mulch, “sharpened” on the sidewalk, gets that [email protected] (literally) out of shoes.
    And, I don’t usually step in dog ****. I haven’t stepped in it for probably over 2 years now, and counting. For me, that is 3 pairs of shoes. (I keep needing bigger ones. :D )
    The censored word above is P - O - O - P, not a different word. :#

Does the mulch work for in between the toes as well? :smile:

:s Just take a shower! :p
    I’d guess so, although I may be cautious about splinters, I’ve had one in between my toes before and it’s not fun. Hose alone may do better in that case however.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
2»