Purchased a new Head Unit

Sony XAV AX-200

Got it Saturday and installed it within an hour or so replacing a faulty Pioneer AVH X3700BHS. I was apprehensive as the last Sony I had (YEARS AGO) sounded tinny and wasn't full at all. After installation all I can say is WOW what a difference this head unit made to the synergy with my car stereo. Bass is fuller and digs deeper, the sound isn't as localized (even though I had time alignment on with the Pioneer) and just overall is much better.

Apple Car Play and Android Auto are very nice features, voice recognition works great and it has a physical volume knob (a MUST for me).

If anyone is thinking of getting a new Double Din I do want to put my hat in for this Sony. Worth every penny...oh yeah don't forget to ground the parking brake wire or else you won't be able to use Android Auto haha!
Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
Power: Marantz SR7000
Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
Pre: Denon PRA-1200
Power: Adcom GFA-545
TT: Pioneer PL510
Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
Grado SE80
Harman Kardon CL
Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
Yamaha HTR5590
Polk RTA11TL
Polk TSI200s
New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9

Comments

• Nesmith98Nesmith98 Posts: 66
    You can bypass the parking brake with one of these......

https://www.amazon.com/MicroBypass-Parking-Brake-Override-Bypass/dp/B005SVTMKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540331748&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+bypass+for+sony#customerReviews

It allows you to access some of the menus and video functions that are locked out via the parking brake. It worked great on my Alpine.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,671
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    You can bypass the parking brake with one of these......

https://www.amazon.com/MicroBypass-Parking-Brake-Override-Bypass/dp/B005SVTMKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540331748&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+bypass+for+sony#customerReviews

It allows you to access some of the menus and video functions that are locked out via the parking brake. It worked great on my Alpine.

I ended up just grounding the wire to the chassis of the head unit and I was good to go. I did read up on many people using that type of bypass or a rocker switch. If I get any continuous issues I may just go with that option.

Alpine was another HU line up I was looking at, how do you like yours?
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' 4K

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Grado SE80
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Polk RTA11TL
    Polk TSI200s
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
  • Nesmith98Nesmith98 Posts: 66
    I like it a lot. The navigation works really well. Here's the one I purchased.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/S-BWhfVLMC9M8/p_500INEW967/Alpine-INE-W967HD.html?

I do miss not having a volume knob, but I got used to it after a while. Sound quality seems to be great too.

I used the bypass so I could get into the setup menu without putting the vehicle in park. Also some features are locked out on the navigation unless it's in park.