First Man

Comments

• MilitoMilito Posts: 161
    edited October 16
    True, lol.

Yea, it would probably kill off all of the fish in that area.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Polk S55, S30, PSW505, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, AudioQuest Type 4 Speaker Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Amp, Sony KDS-50A3000.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,881
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'd imagine God had a plan....when he surrounded Hollywood with fault lines. :)

Those were put there to keep you out, kinda like a natural border wall. :D
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,519
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    muncybob wrote: »
    We look forward to this one. I understand they omitted the planting of the American flag on the moon.....sigh.

I saw a few reports on TV that the Producers and Director wanted the movie to be about HUMANS making it to the moon instead of AMERICA making it there.

Ding ding ding. Guess what, the guys who made the movie made the movie THEY wanted to make. what a novel concept. All this bickering about they should have added this, they should have done that. If you want to watch it you will, if you don't want to watch it you won't. Simple as that.

So did Leni Riefenstahl
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,956
    la2vegas wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'd imagine God had a plan....when he surrounded Hollywood with fault lines. :)

Those were put there to keep you out, kinda like a natural border wall. :D

Can't argue that perspective. :)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,231
    I am excited to watch it. Pinning the flag, could they really have done it justice anyway? Everybody knows it was an American, no point in staking that claim again.

We don’t know the film makers intent and we can’t assume it’s one way or another.

Anyone can find a problem with anything, but the problem really isn’t the thing, it’s those with an agenda looking to make it about themselves.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    afterburnt wrote: »

So did Leni Riefenstahl

Greatest cast ever!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,432
    Viking64 wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »

So did Leni Riefenstahl

Greatest cast ever!

Please tell me that was a joke... do you even know who she was?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,283
    I am excited to watch it. Pinning the flag, could they really have done it justice anyway? Everybody knows it was an American, no point in staking that claim again.

We don’t know the film makers intent and we can’t assume it’s one way or another.

Anyone can find a problem with anything, but the problem really isn’t the thing, it’s those with an agenda looking to make it about themselves.

Read this. Hollywood can do justice to anything they want to. Look at "Saving Private Ryan". Look at " It's a Beautiful Life".

I only read the first paragraph or two and thought, yea, I agree, this is why they should've shown the planting.

Too many American historic moments and monuments are being erased from sight these past couple of years in all kinds of ways. It's really sad a vote isn't taken on some of the removed monuments. Anyway, this article sheds some comparisons to not showing the planting of the American flag in a movie about Americans making it to the moon first.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/03/buzz-aldrin-responds-to-first-man-film-omitting-american-flag-planting-scene-on-m-n2515502

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Please tell me that was a joke... do you even know who she was?

Of course it was a joke. I own the DVD of Mullers' documentary about her. Do you have anything against Jesse Owens?
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    I still get chills when I watch this video. JFK throwing down the challenge. President of the United States.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Actually we do. He has given interviews, along with some of the actors expressing what has already been said in this thread.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    edited October 16
    “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

Applies to the philosophy of too many today, I am afraid. The hive mind is a terrible thing, as it robs the individual (or nations) of their ability to be exceptional by making everyone the same. How soon the lessons of "The Borg" are forgotten.

snrynhom7k6l.gif

Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Yep, John Wayne was a class act all around. Simple logic that still holds true today.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    edited October 17
    verb wrote: »
    One of my heroes:

One of mine:

• 55LS7055LS70 Posts: 163
    My Father's first cousin worked, as an engineer, on the lunar lander. Even though I met him a couple of times, I didn't really know him. My parents use to talk to him, quite a bit, when he returned for family reunions. My Mother recalled him saying, in about 1959, that, at that time, technological wise, getting a man to the moon was not the problem, means on getting him back, on the other hand, we're not quite there yet. That technology had yet to be thought up.

I, myself, during my misspent youth, studied, for a class or two, under Van Allen. I don't remember too much of that though. Must have been fun.
    NEW P-3 Pre: RCA 12BH7, 2 X Telefunken ECC82 smooth plates, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,152
    Makes sense on the 1959 date. That was the year the first man made object was landed on the moon. Of course it was a deliberate crash landing. And it was Russian. Both sides in the space race had dozens of failed missions before being in a position to land a man on the moon and return. But they gradually learned from the failures.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,519
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• warrenwarren Posts: 619
    Oh the opinions.. The lunar rover was engineered and built by General Motors! And all parts, other countries excluding Russia, didn’t have the foggiest.. we had a great country..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
    edited October 18
    warren wrote: »
    Oh the opinions.. The lunar rover was engineered and built by General Motors! And all parts, other countries excluding Russia, didn’t have the foggiest.. we had a great country..

Boeing was the prime contractor for the LRV's, as they were responsible for designing them to fit within the launch vehicle. GM's role being that of a sub-contractor for mobility systems.

But yes, we do have a great country! B)

My friend's father was roommates at University of Michigan with astronaut David Scott, who was the first to drive a lunar rover on the moon. Some may remember him being involved in some incident with postage stamps that were brought on board Apollo 15.

There is another virtually unknown incident regarding a camera that astronaut Scott brought on board and with which he took photographs on the moon. My friend's father saw copies of these photographs. I asked him exactly what he saw and his response was something to the effect of: "I could tell you, J. R., but it would change the way you view mankind and the universe." :o
    Come on man... everybody has seen that photo.

ibd9b8vhvqld.jpeg

• Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,635
    My friend's father was roommates at University of Michigan with astronaut David Scott, who was the first to drive a lunar rover on the moon. Some may remember him being involved in some incident with postage stamps that were brought on board Apollo 15.

There is another virtually unknown incident regarding a camera that astronaut Scott brought on board and with which he took photographs on the moon. My friend's father saw copies of these photographs. I asked him exactly what he saw and his response was something to the effect of: "I could tell you, J. R., but it would change the way you view mankind and the universe." :o

Why is that?
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
    Come on man... everybody has seen that photo.

It is baffling that someone would go through so much effort to bury a giant domino on the moon and only line up one. :/
    Joey_V wrote: »

Why is that?

Why is what? Why was my friend's father roommates with David Scott? Why did he go to University of Michigan? Why was David Scott the first to drive a lunar rover? Why would some people remember the postage stamp incident? Why were the postage stamps brought on board Apollo 15? Why was the camera brought on board Apollo 15? Why did David Scott use that camera to take photographs on the moon? Why was my friend's father shown these photographs? Why I asked him what he saw in them? Why he called me "J.R."? Why it would change the way I would view mankind and the universe? The answer to all of these questions is "I don't know", except why I asked about the photographs (curiosity) and why he called me "J.R." (I'm Jim Reynolds).
    Dammint Jim, I want answers not a bunch of drivel.(in my very best McCoy impersonation, which sucks btw)

Dammint Jim, I want answers not a bunch of drivel.(in my very best McCoy impersonation, which sucks btw)

HAHAHAHA But.....John......why? (Wiggles toupee.)

I wasn't told why, but based on what I have seen and read about the moon missions, I would guess that there was some kind of evidence that we weren't the first to explore the moon. I would like to believe that, anyway. :)
    So the monolith theory is true...

So the monolith theory is true...

I've heard things.....

w5ktbpyu4wo9.jpg
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,919
    See...^^^^^ proof we have aliens on earth
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC