Selling off some gear to start my own business!

trav0810trav0810 Posts: 991
edited October 2 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've been working for the same Pest Control company for a while now. The company I work for is family-owned, and I'm the only one not family. So, my labor provides income for three people other than myself. I have decided, it is time to start working for my own future instead of someone else's. I'm trying to start out with as little debt as possible, so, I figure I can start selling some gear I have sitting around, and that will reduce the amount of debt I will actually start with.

I'm not taking and uploading pictures at this time, but if there is any SERIOUS interest on anything, I will gladly post pics.

Sunfire 200 Five Cinema amplifier. This has been refreshed and serviced by Flannery Audio just a few months ago. it has one scratch on the front faceplate. Not noticeable in my dimly-lit living room, but in bright light, you can see it. $750 plus shipping.

Carver C-1 Preamp in great physical condition and freshly recapped. $300 plus shipping.

Adcom 5002 amplifier. Good condition and outperforms it's 50w rating. $100 plus shipping.

Emerald Physics CS 2.7 speakers with EP DSP. the speakers are pretty well Flawless. If there is an issue with them anywhere, I cannot find it. I generally hate to ship any speakers, but these do actually come with their original shipping box and packaging, and seem like they would actually hold up fairly well to shipping. But, like shipping any speaker, it's not going to be cheap.

Feel free to message me with any questions.
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
Thorens TD320
Modified Carver C-1
Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
Post edited by trav0810 on

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,844
    $20! Seed money.....
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,716
    Sounds like a man with a plan. Good luck. Stay strong. Most people do not go for the gusto like you are. Keep us posted on your new journey. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • trav0810trav0810 Posts: 991
    Good idea Russ! With $20 worth of seeds, I might be able to grow something to make some money! Bwahahahaha!

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    trav0810 wrote: »
    Good idea Russ! With $20 worth of seeds, I might be able to grow something to make some money! Bwahahahaha!

;)
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,880
    Not in your industry but I remember when I finally went out on my own.

Best decision I ever made!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,538
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Not in your industry but I remember when I finally went out on my own.

Best decision I ever made!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Trav and Rocker,
    Stay strong and remain focused....
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,210
    For thoes who might not know that sunfire amp, you can use it to bi-amp your speakers. Do not be afraid to use it as a 2 channel and bi-amp your speakers with it and just don't hook up the 5th channel to anything.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,946
    Good on you!
    edited October 2
    erniejade wrote: »
    For thoes who might not know that sunfire amp, you can use it to bi-amp your speakers. Do not be afraid to use it as a 2 channel and bi-amp your speakers with it and just don't hook up the 5th channel to anything.

That's actually what I used it for, to bi-amp the Emerald Physics speakers. Gives you 400 watts to each speaker, and Sunfire power is a power all its own. That amp drove a pair of Kappa 8's with absolutely no problem. Definitely my favorite of Bob Carver's designs.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Travis...
    May I have a listening session beforehand?
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,858
    Congrats Travis! I wish there was another way to fund it but I get it completely. Hats off to you on the new endeavor!

PS - I have some resources in my library that might be of assistance. I'm no expert but if you do have general questions I'd love to help however I can.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    edited October 2
    DSkip wrote: »
    Congrats Travis! I wish there was another way to fund it but I get it completely. Hats off to you on the new endeavor!

PS - I have some resources in my library that might be of assistance. I'm no expert but if you do have general questions I'd love to help however I can.

I don't have enough room for more than one system at a time. So, I just kind of have to swap it in and out anyway.

And thank you very much. I will certainly get with you!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Travis...
    May I have a listening session beforehand?

Thought you were coming by this past weekend?

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,068
    A thought from a been-there-done-that-made-it-worker: Zero interest credit card transfers are your friend.

Best of luck -
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 648
    edited October 2
    I'd really like the Adcom. Great price. Was looking for one to bridge for my center channel. If you still have it at the end of the week I may take it.

Good luck with everything!
    Oi!
    Say the word!
  • verbverb Posts: 3,293
    I’ve wondered about Carver’s sonic holography technology. Can you share some of your impressions?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,858
    verb wrote: »
    I’ve wondered about Carver’s sonic holography technology. Can you share some of your impressions?

They're sonically holographic!
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Its....... Good.
    There is a good part of SH that holds tight against a pair of Amazings.It
    It is a separation fromilfe

I find it to be a more "aggressive" SDA effect. it's benefit, in my opinion, is that instead of really relying on room Acoustics and lay out, it corrects them.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    CH46E wrote: »
    I'd really like the Adcom. Great price. Was looking for one to bridge for my center channel. If you still have it at the end of the week I may take it.

Good luck with everything!

Just let me know!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    The Emerald Physics have been sold!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,733
    Good for you pal, glad to see someone with that spirit to make themselves richer, than spending a lifetime enriching others. All the best, not as easy as many think, but the rewards are plenty.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 1,977
    PM sent amp!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it!!" "Smile & Stay Warm!!"
    The Carver C-1 has been sold!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1

Thank goodness! I was coveting that thing. Wanted to check out the sonic holography! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,798

Thank goodness! I was coveting that thing. Wanted to check out the sonic holography! :smile:

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have it on my Carver C16. SDA is much better. IMHO all it does is move the vocals further to the rear behind the band.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,917

I've got one sitting in my rack lol......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Too many enablers here! :smile:
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,917
    edited October 14
    Too many enablers here! :smile:

So buy it and I can’t enable you further :wink:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)