"100 Amplifiers" (of the vacuum tube kind, of course)

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,975
edited September 29 in Electronics
You say you like amplifiers, do you?
You say, "hey, I'm lookin' for some cool ideas for amplifiers" -- do you?
Well, looky here:

http://lilienthalengineering.com/100-amplifiers-chapter-1/100-amplifiers-part-2-1945-54

In case you get the urge, say, to go Class B -- and leave fleapower far, far behind.

4cli7mzuypha.png

I take no responsiblily for the commentary on the amps' designs, nor on the author's idiosyncratically idiomatic English, but... a very cool site. Note that this is part 2 of 2; the first part features designs from 1916 to 1945 :)

Comments

• SIHABSIHAB Posts: 111
    Great link Doc!
    Does this mean...
  • verbverb Posts: 3,305
    My Bottlehead SEX is still sitting on the workbench. Winter project! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,244
    verb wrote: »
    My Bottlehead SEX is still sitting on the workbench. Winter project! :smile:

I hope you are at least bringing her food and water until then. :o