Apple Issue Photo Stream

Hello all,
I have an issue with Photo Stream. So basically it works when it wants to. I'll go months with it working just fine. look in My Photo Stream and the pictures I just took are there. Then for no reason I can figure out it stops working. All setting are the same as why I don't understand what the hell is going on.
I worked with Apple a few times on this and after resetting rebooting and re installing my iPhone 8 plus software it starts working again but on a timer as it fails again over time.
Anyone use Photo Stream? Back when iphoto was the photo app for Apple I never had any issues. I loved that program WHY BETTER then Photos. I think Photos SUCKS!!! You can't even make proper Folders with ease like you could with iPhoto.
Any ideas about the photo stream stop working and working when it wants?
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I stopped using Photo Strem when iCloud Photos became the new standard, it’s a more secure program with other benefits in the number of photos it can hold and how they’re tagged.

Photo Stream is really an end of life platform and I’m surprised it’s still supported.

Here’s what my settings look like,

0csi8svpovu0.png
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I'll have to look into iCloud Photos. I've been using Back to my mac and photo stream for so long I'm completely use to it and locked in. I know old school stuff LOL. I still have iPhoto on my computer and it hasn't been used in years but I can't seem to let go of it. Honestly I liked how iPhoto works WAY BETTER then the way Photos work. I actually hate Photos as you can't just move your pictures around and make your own folders. I loved that about iPhoto. I would go on a vacation and take pictures from my iPhone on different days then combine them all in one album. I can't do that as easily on photos. You can to do it a completely different way.
    Years ago Apple use to just add new features but keep the current ones at that time. Now they change stuff and I don't like it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.