The SDA SRS's have landed at Verb's house!

12346»

Comments

• motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 842
    ^^^^^^I listened to Frankenstein at a healthy volume recently on my 1.2's and I agree that song is downright amazing on the big sda's.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    On some recordings, it seems as though my 19’6” by 15’8” room sounds as if the space is a full sized concert hall. Close your eyes, a double shot of Jefferson Reserve 35 year old wine-cask finished whiskey, and the illusion is complete.

Had a couple of Jack & Diet Cokes at dinner (doubles no less!) and yes the experience was greatly enhanced! Dang dude, a whiskey rabbit hole? Sounds like fun!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,432
    I prefer the boutique whiskeys, and treat them as a desert after a good dinner. More than that would be dangerous to a guy that has more alcoholics in it than an Irish pub on a payday Friday.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Tony M wrote: »
    I've heard the same phenomenon a few times myself with my SRS2's with a few songs but the one that I remember the most is with "Frankenstein".

I've heard the sound come at me then beside me and then from behind me with Edgar Winter's song "Frankenstein". That long synthesizer run in the middle does it every time. B)

I haven't heard another speaker set from another manufacturer do this, ever.

So I admit, I heard this song before, but vaguely. Just watched the video, OMG this guys has got some talent! Gotta get this CD!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    I prefer the boutique whiskeys, and treat them as a desert after a good dinner. More than that would be dangerous to a guy that has more alcoholics in it than an Irish pub on a payday Friday.

Yep. Weekends are my time to indulge a bit. Funny too, as the Mrs and I are leaving out the door for dinner she reminded me "are you going to turn the pre-amp on?" What a woman! :smile:
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,283
    edited November 3
    On some recordings, it seems as though my 19’6” by 15’8” room sounds as if the space is a full sized concert hall. Close your eyes, a double shot of Jefferson Reserve 35 year old wine-cask finished whiskey, and the illusion is complete.

I just bought all those "Joe Bonamassa" concert video's from different venues.

I hope to watch them soon to see if they're done well. Reviewers say they are, so I should be in for a real treat. I might even set up my projector for one or two but then I'll have to hear them through the RT3000Ps as the mains. But that CS1000P center should have Joe's guitar sounding awesome "front and center".
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    I blew my first (Hold your comments until the end) SL3000 tweeter in my 2.3TL's in 1992 while listening to "Frankenstein". You can probably guess at which part. :p

I watched a Joe Bonamassa concert video of him performing ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid" and Zep's "Dazed and Confused" at The Royal Albert Hall, on YOUTUBE no less, and it sounded so good, it made me decide to upgrade/restore/modify the 2.3's!
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 842
    Joe Bonnamassa at Royal Albert Hall is one of my go to cd's when someone new wants to hear my rig. His live stuff is very well recorded.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,283
    Joe's R.A.H. performance will be my first disc in line then. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • sbb2112sbb2112 Posts: 69
    I’ve seen Joe 3 times and he signed all my cd’s. Very nice guy. First time he was maybe 18 and there were 40 people at the blues club. He came and sat with us for a few minutes. He sure has came a long way since.
    Main System

Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    Bose 151 ceiling surrounds
    Polk PSW 650 sub