Any doctors in the house... I mean, forum?

Comments

• Orthostatic hypotension is common but usually secondary to a blood related illness. Whether it be a weak heart or low blood volume you shouldn't wait to get it checked out just because your parents said so.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2018
    ^The doctor has spoken, so you better listen^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited September 2018
    I was just visiting my 85 year old Dad in assisted living who has a similar problem with dizziness/blacking out after standing. His is due to low blood pressure. Are you sure your not an old man? :D

But seriously, they said the concern is the fall after fainting since it is uncontrolled. Go see a doctor in person!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Didn’t read the whole thread word for word but I can tell you this is not bppv or Menieres or labyrinthitis.

Based on your description, sounds like you have orthostatic hypotension, getting up and moving your head upwards creates a vacuum in your preload thus causing a decrease in cranial perfusion transiently.

It can often be traced back to medications or dehydration.

When you are lightheaded, the main things to look for are cardiac etiology vs pulmonary vascular etiology vs cranial cause.

If the dizziness or syncope is positional, more than likely it is orthostatic.

That’s if your rate doesn’t drop or do something inappropiate when you stand...

I think this can be traced back to dehydration, after drinking lots of water yesterday (almost what I should be drinking) I’ve had little issue with it. I’m still gonna go to the doctor, but I think that’s where the problem lies.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Didn’t read the whole thread word for word but I can tell you this is not bppv or Menieres or labyrinthitis.

Based on your description, sounds like you have orthostatic hypotension, getting up and moving your head upwards creates a vacuum in your preload thus causing a decrease in cranial perfusion transiently.

When you are lightheaded, the main things to look for are cardiac etiology vs pulmonary vascular etiology vs cranial cause.

I think this can be traced back to dehydration, after drinking lots of water yesterday (almost what I should be drinking) I’ve had little issue with it. I’m still gonna go to the doctor, but I think that’s where the problem lies.

BTW, Joey actually is a doctor.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mlistens03
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

BTW, Joey actually is a doctor.

I know, he said
    And I was replying to that saying that it is probably the most likely candidate.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    edited September 2018
    I would actually wonder about OVER-hydration without enough electrolytes. Maybe drink some Gatorade instead of only water.

Also wonder about anemia - not enough iron in your diet. Eat some meat, boy! ...or spinach.

In any case, it is worth seeing your pediatrician.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mlistens03
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I would actually wonder about OVER-hydration without enough electrolytes. Maybe drink some Gatorade instead of only water.

Also wonder about anemia - not enough iron in your diet. Eat some meat, boy! ...or spinach.

I did some research, and it turns out, I was drinking a little over a half of what I should be drinking, at least according to my weight. I eat salad every other day or so for lunch, and plenty of meats.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    I did some research, and it turns out, I was drinking a little over a half of what I should be drinking, at least according to my weight.

Like jdjohn stated about overhydration, I can't tell you how much water to drink and how often, but you surely dont want to chug a gallon at a time.....granted I'm sure you know that.

Gradual hydration throughout the day. Ditch the sugar, salt, get some veggies in your diet if you dont have some, and balance it out.

And whatever Joey says.... B)
  • mlistens03
    tonyb wrote: »
    Doctor Tony says, spend more money on good audio. Poor audio can have an effect on your inner-ear balance. Eat more Italian food too. Get more exercise by chasing a few skirts and you'll be fine. Doctors orders...... :)

Got it Doc! Do I need that last one? Or can I just stick with audio and Italian food?
    Also, does Olive Garden count? I can't find any good Italian places around here.
  • mlistens03
    edited September 2018
    NOOO, Olive Garden doesn't count. Don't make me do a double face palm so early in the day. :)

That's about the best option I got, man! I wouldn't suggest it if I could find somewhere better!! ;)
    I'll see about using the incredible powers of Google to find something better. :)
    Post edited by mlistens03 on
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Referring to Olive Garden as "Italian food" is about the same as referring to McDonald's or Burger King as "fine American cuisine". :p

Considering you live in Florida, you could try Macaroni Grill or Carrabba's, which are both maybe a step or two up from Olive Garden. I wouldn't count on either doing much good for your health, though. :o

As far as the last item on Tony's list, I could give you plenty of advice, but I have been asked to try and refrain from that subject on this forum. HAHAHAHA
  • mlistens03
    Carrabba's would certainly work for me. Macaroni Grill is a ways away, but also could work I think both might do more damage to my health than good though... I'm not sure that Doc Tony knows what he's talking about... ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Neither of those joints are Italian. What city are you in, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Neither of those joints are Italian. What city are you in, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm not allowed to share the specific town, but I'm 45 minutes to an hour out of Orlando, North.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

I'm not allowed to share the specific town, but I'm 45 minutes to an hour out of Orlando, North.

On second thought try the Polish joints....
  • tonyb
    That narrows it down, lol.

Look for a mom and pop shop, chances are....moms still cooking in the back. Stay away from the chain joints.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    That narrows it down, lol.

Look for a mom and pop shop, chances are....moms still cooking in the back. Stay away from the chain joints.

I know, but that's as narrow as I'm allowed to go.
    Thanks, I'll be on the lookout!
  • Come on Tony stop badgering the kid with all your food talk. He's probably in 4th period getting ready to go to lunch. At least his teachers let him hang around the chat all day.
  • mlistens03
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Come on Tony stop badgering the kid with all your food talk. He's probably in 4th period getting ready to go to lunch. At least his teachers let him hang around the chat all day.

I'm homeschooled. :)
    Because of that, the way I work is I do all of one subject in one day. Today I'm doing math, and I actually work faster if I take a ten-minute break between lessons.
    It may sound weird, but I am getting better grades and getting done faster doing school this way. Monday is history, Tuesday is science, Wednesday is math, Thursday is writing, and then Friday is tests for the bigger subjects, anything I missed, and smaller subjects like grammar and handwriting.
  • tonyb
    edited September 2018
    Cool, then come here for audio class, auto shop, and proper food class. Gotcha….we'll round ya out.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Polish joints -- I'm thinkin' there's a bad marijuana joke just waiting to be born, there.
  • tonyb
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Polish joints -- I'm thinkin' there's a bad marijuana joke just waiting to be born, there.

Well,in your neck of the woods a guy is using MJ to get his lobsters high before cooking them. I suppose we could do the same for cattle. Bunch of cattle out in the field, running into each other, then they throw a Hershey bar into the line for them to get slaughtered. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited September 2018
    Monday is history, Tuesday is science, Wednesday is math, Thursday is writing, and then Friday is tests for the bigger subjects, anything I missed, and smaller subjects like grammar and handwriting.

What days do other essential high school activities happen?

Things like trying to look up girl's skirts, smoking cigarettes in the bathroom without getting caught by the teachers, and laughing/joking with friends until you're red in the face.