Any doctors in the house... I mean, forum?

Comments

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited September 2018
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Holy cow, that’s a lotta water... I weigh ~220 pounds, so does that mean 220 ounces a day? Yikes. Will do. Or try to do.
    Thanks!

NO...see, that's why I'm not a doctor...lol. that was supposed to read 1/2 oz per lb....yikes... B)

Made me think of "Strange Brew"..lol.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    gmcman wrote: »
    Holy cow, that’s a lotta water... I weigh ~220 pounds, so does that mean 220 ounces a day? Yikes. Will do. Or try to do.
    Thanks!

NO...see, that's why I'm not a doctor...lol. that was supposed to read 1/2 oz per lb....yikes... B)

Oh good, has me worried there’s for a second. I didn’t think I could do that... 110 oz sounds a lot better to me. :)
  • gmcman
    Had to go back and edit that....don't need someone trying to over-hydrate.... :o
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I think this may be a big time possibility, I have the worst allergies out of anyone I know, no joke. Pretty much every morning I’ll spend around a half an hour just sneezing, once every 20 seconds or so. Pretty miserable.
    Thanks!

Da fuq? Uh, yeah, you need to go to the doctor for that too. That ain't right.

Go to the doctor. This week.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    U R haz teh sicks. Plz 2 get chek up nao!

tjdftfcdrch3.jpg
  • Orthostatic hypotension= dizziness when standing up after being seated for a while. Alot of cause but usually blood pressure related. You said you were 220lb. How tall? Just because you drink a ton of water doesnt really mean anything. Hormone, dietary, or an unknown illness may cause your fluid to shift out of your blood stream or even out with ur urine. Like everybody has said so far... GO GET IT CHECKED OUT!!!!
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    krazypolk wrote: »
    In recent weeks I’ve been having issues when I stand up. What’ll happen is, I’ll stand up, and then my vision will go black, and I’ll occasionally fall on my face after that. I’ve put up with it, thinking it would be a passing thing, but it hasn’t gone away, and it’s super annoying to stand up and then feel like your gonna pass out.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Micah

Am I the only one who thinks this is fake? I mean really?
    How many would black out and not go to the doctor like right away?
    Hope you get the help you need if indeed you're suffering from this Micah, but it just doesn't seem really believable that medical attention wouldn't be the first thing on one's mind.

Me...it's happened to me on several occasions. I've blacked out from a deep yawn/stretch when starting to get up out of bed. Face first on the hardwood floor. Has happened from laughing hysterically and hyperventilating. I didn't run to the dr. I don't even have a GP any longer. Not one of those things that really concerns me.

A goiter the size of a baseball on side of my neck is another matter all together.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Glad I'm not a hypochondriac anymore.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Go to a real doctor, period. Too many variables and causes that can contribute to this problem. Possible too you may even be a diabetic and not know it yet.

Go to the Doctor !
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I think this may be a big time possibility, I have the worst allergies out of anyone I know, no joke. Pretty much every morning I’ll spend around a half an hour just sneezing, once every 20 seconds or so. Pretty miserable.
    Thanks!

Da fuq? Uh, yeah, you need to go to the doctor for that too. That ain't right.

Go to the doctor. This week.
    Good to know.
    We'll be getting there ASAP.
    Orthostatic hypotension= dizziness when standing up after being seated for a while. Alot of cause but usually blood pressure related. You said you were 220lb. How tall? Just because you drink a ton of water doesnt really mean anything. Hormone, dietary, or an unknown illness may cause your fluid to shift out of your blood stream or even out with ur urine. Like everybody has said so far... GO GET IT CHECKED OUT!!!!

I'm around 5' 11".
    I will get there ASAP.
    tonyb wrote: »
    Go to a real doctor, period. Too many variables and causes that can contribute to this problem. Possible too you may even be a diabetic and not know it yet.

Go to the Doctor !

OK, I will.
    Thanks!
  • mlistens03
    I asked my parents about it, and they have both told me that it is no big deal, and it is totally normal, I just need to stand up slower. So, it is looking like I may not be going to the doctor until my next checkup, which is actually in January, according to my parents.
    Thanks for your help in this, and I'll continue to try and convince them, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I asked my parents about it, and they have both told me that it is no big deal, and it is totally normal, I just need to stand up slower. So, it is looking like I may not be going to the doctor until my next checkup, which is actually in January, according to my parents.
    Thanks for your help in this, and I'll continue to try and convince them, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Start faking blackouts, faking seizures, and faking irrational behavior. You'll be at the doctor first thing in the morning. :p
  • Viking64 wrote: »

Start faking blackouts, faking seizures, and faking irrational behavior. You'll be at the doctor first thing in the morning. :p

Or try calling Child Protective Services.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205

This is not normal.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • mlistens03
    According to them, this is something my dad had, his dad had, and his dad had, and my dad apparently still has this happen to him, and he's been to the doctor for it. He has said before that it is nothing to worry about, and that it is normal.
    I will ask when I have a doctors visit in January. I'm not worried about it, I just need to stand up a bit slower, and try to make sure I have something to hold onto when I get up.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The last thing you want to do is contact CPS....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CPS was established to protect children from neglect or abuse. Failing to provide proper medical care clearly falls under this category.
  • mlistens03
    krazypolk wrote: »
    CPS was established to protect children from neglect or abuse. Failing to provide proper medical care clearly falls under this category.

It isn't neglect or abuse, it is simply something that isn't a big deal. Apparently, this runs in the family, and I didn't know that. I haven't died yet, so I'll be fine. If it gets worse to the point of life-threatening, we will go to the doctor.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    You won't care how much the doctor bill is if you're dead. Go to the frickin doctor. If you tell them you are uninsured and must pay cash/check your bill will be low. I did it that way for 5 years before finally getting insurance.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • gmcman
    At the very least....go get your blood pressure checked. You can even go to CVS and get one of those battery operated units that go around your cuff.
  • mlistens03
    steveinaz wrote: »
    You won't care how much the doctor bill is if you're dead. Go to the frickin doctor. If you tell them you are uninsured and must pay cash/check your bill will be low. I did it that way for 5 years before finally getting insurance.

I won't be dead. I will be fine. This isn't life-threatening, like I said, if it gets worse, we will definitely go to the doctor.
    gmcman wrote: »
    At the very least....go get your blood pressure checked. You can even go to CVS and get one of those battery operated units that go around your cuff.

This I will do, we have a battery operated one.
    I do thank you all for your input, but my parents have spoken, and I trust their judgment. The only reason I fell yesterday is I didn't think about it, and by the time I did, there was nothing for me to grab.
  • Clipdat
    According to them, this is something my dad had, his dad had, and his dad had, and my dad apparently still has this happen to him, and he's been to the doctor for it. He has said before that it is nothing to worry about, and that it is normal.

Sounds like it's possible that hypertension runs in the family. In no way does that make hypertension "normal" or "nothing to worry about".

That being said, I'm not a doctor so my opinion is worthless. I still think you should get an appointment. It's completely reasonable to go to the doctor for things that aren't "life-threatening".
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Micah, I have four children, and my partner and I are by no means alarmist. But we do pay good money for medical insurance for a reason. And this would definitely be something worth checking out for the $20 copay imho...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    I did some research, and what I found is that most likely it is a nonissue. Especially since my dad had it, and it is nothing. I’m gonna hold out, and if it gets worse at all, I’ll go see a doctor.
    Also, I’ve been drinking more water today, and that seems to have helped a lot. I just jumped up as fast as I could to see if it was still happening, and I did have a little bit of dizziness, but it went away in under a second and I was fine. So I think most of my issue was dehydration.
  • Clipdat
    5'11" 220lbs might be pushing it in terms of "healthy weight". I'm 6'1" 185lbs. Again, not a doctor.
  • mlistens03
    Clipdat wrote: »
    5'11" 220lbs might be pushing it in terms of "healthy weight". I'm 6'1" 185lbs. Again, not a doctor.

Our family is built like tanks, we are some of the most solid people I know. Both sides. My dad is your height, one of the most healthy guys I know, and he weighs 235ish.
  • gmcman

You first said this:
    In recent weeks I’ve been having issues when I stand up. What’ll happen is, I’ll stand up, and then my vision will go black, and I’ll occasionally fall on my face after that. I’ve put up with it, thinking it would be a passing thing, but it hasn’t gone away, and it’s super annoying to stand up and then feel like your gonna pass out.

Then you said this:
    I will be fine. This isn't life-threatening, like I said, if it gets worse, we will definitely go to the doctor.

Just because other people had similiar symptoms, why on earth would you not consider getting checked out...before it gets worse? Sorry, just can't wrap my head around it.

One more thought. My stepdad had the exact same symptoms. Would stand up, then sometimes almost pass out, and sometimes he came to on the ground.

He now has a pacemaker.

Dont think for one second that your body is wired exactly the same as your other family members.

Fact is, you asked for help, you say you stand up and black out, or sometimes black out and think that's normal.

When was, or when is your annual checkup? Maybe mention you blackout when standing...I'm sure it will get someones attention.

If you dont trust your parents, then drive yourself to the doc.

Nothing else I can offer if you dont try to help yourself first. Sorry if that sounds callous, but that's just how it is.

Wish you the best.