Well Crap...

I got a call this morning letting me know my dad passed away overnight, 62 is too young. I've never been through one of these situations before where I'm handling everything, and he wasn't prepared for this therefore we're starting from scratch so wish me luck in navigating this whole mess.

I'm gonna have to come up with some money in the next day or so and may be forced to sell a couple easy assets one of which will be my much loved LEF LS50 Wireless, hate to do it but the funeral is top priority and I can always buy another pair in a few weeks when I recover. So if anyone wants a good deal on a pair of LS50W now's probably a good time to hit me up. This offer is basically good until I find an alternative source of money.

Appreciate any thoughts or positive energy you guys want to throw out there.

- Danny

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    My condolences Danny. Its a rough time for sure.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Very sorry to hear this. What we do to help a Polkie out...I ask the forum members?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    So sorry to hear this. 62 seems too young these days. We always feel there's time later on to make plans and tell spouses and siblings what one's wishes to take place.

I had a funeral home owner and director who lived across the street. I still know him and know that they are so experienced at helping during this time. knowledge and financing too. They're there to make this time as bearable as it can be.

Find a local one and go in and talk to them. If you don't like the way they talk to you, find another one after you leave their place.

My father passed at 62 and also it was totally unexpected and quick. The funeral home people were very comforting and accommodating. That's what they do.

May you be comforted in all you have to do during this tough and sad time.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    My sincere condolences.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Sorry my brother. My thoughts and prayers for you and the family. I’m happy to help. Let us know what we can do.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    Dude that is terrible I am so sorry Danny.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Deepest condolences, Danny. Your second family is here for you...
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Very sorry to hear this. Too young indeed, my dad passed at 54, so I know the feeling.

Prayers for your family.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Very sorry for you and the family.
    Doesn’t hurt to say a prayer for help and guidance through this Season of your life.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Sincere condolences. You’re a good son.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    edited September 2018
    Danny I’m so sorry to hear this. I pray for comfort for you and your family. Unfortunately, I have personal experience with my father in law then wife within less than 3 years of each other. In addition to work experience last 21 years. I will say our tendency is to go overboard with services, funeral, casket, marker, especially when it is an unexpected death. Keep it all in perspective, if cremation is an option consider just cremation service company, less expensive than funeral home and they all use the same one or two crematories in town anyway. If you have any probate questions PM me, happy to guide, even though I’m in a different state we’re all generally the same. Don’t be afraid to lean on others, brother, that’s why we’re all on this rock.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    To make matters worse I got hit by the big NCIX daalta leak to the tube of $7500 so I’ve been trying to dig out fro under that the last couple days which makes handling this situation even more difficult.

I’ll entertain offers on the KEF LS50 Wireless, only $1000 short of paying for everything and if there’s a buyer for those that should close the gap. I should be able to dig myself out of this in 3 weeks so if someone buys them and doesn’t like them I could buy them back then.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Sorry to hear of your father's passing.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers guys, someone stepped up and the KEF are no longer on the market.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    so sorry to hear of your loss... yes, far too young.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Sorry to hear about your dad Danny, my condolences to you and the family.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Very sorry about you losing your Dad. Love & prayers from Bev & I.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I'm sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    My condolences Danny.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Sorry for your loss.
  • Sorry to hear that. Prayers conveyed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,677
    My condolences, Danny. It's always tough, but even more so when as unexpected as this seems to have been.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    So sorry, condolences and prayers for him and all your family.
  • Sorry for your loss. Positives vibes sent to you and the family...
  • Yep2 wrote: »
    Jesus, hook it up already, worry about rolling tubes later.😎

Wrong thread...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Jesus, hook it up already, worry about rolling tubes later.😎

Wrong thread...

Yeah I was already scolded on the "VTL 2.5 in the house", but twice? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.