Pioneer UDP LX500

Anybody seen or heard actual reviews of this new UDP player?

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Blu-ray-Disc/Elite-Blu-ray-Disc-Players/UDP-LX500
Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
Vizio P55-E1UHD Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Pioneer Elite N-50 Panamax M5300-EX
Living room 2ch:
Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers Panamax M5100-EX
Upstairs media room:
Vizio D1 32" Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Sony PS4 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio Rti 6's fronts Polk CSR Center Pioneer 8" sub Panamax M5300-EX
Master bedroom:
Vizio VF550M Pioneer Elite VSX 33 Pioneer Elite BDP 80FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s Jensen CCS center Acoustic Audio sub Panamax 5100

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,104
    I've not, but it looks sweet.
    The kind of thing I was hoping would take Oppos spot. If all they say about it is true, of course.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    In a few days, it will be...
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Polk SDA CRS/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner
    TCC-TC750 phono stage
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,608
    Has only been announced at CEDIA. Has not yet started shipping.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,244
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Has only been announced at CEDIA. Has not yet started shipping.

As soon as it starts shipping, I am going to e-mail UPS and DEMAND a review. ;)
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,009
    I'm sure one will cross my hands and I'll post a review of it. I may even buy one if it's as good as I'm hoping. The Oppo 203 is an incredible player and I'm completely happy with it but as of right now the first time in my history of Audio video I do not have a single Pioneer Elite piece in my system. That kinda bothers me.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • I'm still breaking in my BDP 85FD and now this. What I noticed that there is no mention of upconverting to 4k like my 85..hmmm. Everything sounds about the same as the 85 in the build quality and being a universal player. If the price of 4k movies come down to reality levels I may give it a thought.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Vizio P55-E1UHD Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Pioneer Elite N-50 Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers Panamax M5100-EX
    Upstairs media room:
    Vizio D1 32" Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Sony PS4 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio Rti 6's fronts Polk CSR Center Pioneer 8" sub Panamax M5300-EX
    Master bedroom:
    Vizio VF550M Pioneer Elite VSX 33 Pioneer Elite BDP 80FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s Jensen CCS center Acoustic Audio sub Panamax 5100
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,009
    I skipped the 85 after I installed one in a theater and it had some hand shake issues.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Mantis, I have add that issue a few times. I was not sure if it was the LX502, Vizio P55 or the 85, thanks for that info. I usually have to shut everything down then restart, but once it connects the PQ and SQ are awesome.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom: