Woofer stuck in standby psw505

Hello,
My 2 year old subwoofer stays in standby mode(red light). I tried hooking up a different reciever and wired it via speaker wire instead of the rca input. It stays with the red light on. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,871
    Have you tried the "always on" position to eliminate the auto detect feature?
  • Yes, I have flipped the switch to any of the three positions and still no change in the red light or bass from the speaker.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,648
    Hello,
    It would be best to contact Polk at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the serial number when you call.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • OK I called and they are sending me a replacement amp. When they email you with the information needed( Serial # invoice etc) do you just reply to that email with the information? Will a screen shot of the email invoice from Newegg suffice?

Thanks
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,648
    I believe that would be correct.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • Ok Thanks I will let you know if the replacement part solves the SW problem.
  • Polk sent me the replacement amp and the woofer fired right up find. I hope the replacement part doesn't have the same life as the old. Thanks for your help