Odyssey eye candy

VR3VR3 Posts: 22,200
Good looking layout

- Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,560
    Who's cable is in there Trey? Cardas or Furez?
    Very very nice nudies Trey
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,200
    Klaus uses groneberg

Hats off to Klaus, he uses good stuff throughout... Except for his tubes, they suck.

Dropped in some mullard, instantly quieter background... I'm sure the sound will be much improved
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,199
    edited September 13
    Ive learned not to dog my loves till they have left the house...
    Glad you found the right tubes.
    I'm a huge Odyssey fan, but he definitely knows his customer tube roll. The stock tubes can be found at Walmart maybe
    - Not Tom

It's amazing how much better the mullard tubes sound
    - Not Tom

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,560
    VR3 wrote: »
    Klaus uses groneberg
    I was looking at the color and guessing tbh

Sweet stuff

Groneberg isn't too common, Klaus is the US distributor... I have never tried them outside of the Odyssey products but I'm sure they sound awesome 😊
    - Not Tom

• maxwardmaxward Posts: 124
    @VR3, which product is that? Their website shows an integrated amp with only one input. Klaus is great to work with.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; Micromega Mydac
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
    edited September 14
    http://odysseyaudio.com/products-kismet-hybrid-int-amp.html

Just want to mention that this unit looks far superior in person. The website picture is terrible.
    - Not Tom

• maxwardmaxward Posts: 124
    Thanks. I didn’t see the Kismet submenu. The picture is not good.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; Micromega Mydac
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • I wonder how high the flames will shoot from that model? Isn't that a common occurrence with Odyssey for you Trey?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,199
    edited September 14
    I wonder how high the flames will shoot from that model? Isn't that a common occurrence with Odyssey for you Trey?

Massachusetts owners have a legitimate insurance claim...
    Lol...

I did have a Stratos Amp go up in smoke... But overall Odyssey is rock solid with a 20 year warranty
    - Not Tom

• Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,735
    edited September 14
    I've had two Stratos amps in my system over the years and loved them both! I prefer their second amp case with their sealed case and front to back heatsink to the earliest and latest versions myself. I'd buy another one if a good deal came my way. Klaus has never done a good job of internet marketing for his designs, but his amps run cooler than any other A/B design I've ever had, even when driven hard!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
    I do prefer the Stratos case more, especially the way he uses the side of the chassis as the heat sink. The normal monoblocks in the new chassis uses the sides as a heat sink as well... But the integrated as you can see doesn't. The smaller heat sinks inside the chassis do put out some heat since they are smaller...

I honestly am not sure there is a better value than his products. I had alot of issues with Klaus back in the day and not delivering products as promised... But that's a dead horse under a tall bridge
    - Not Tom

Here's the new chassis as a mono blocknj8ak4nsfnzj.jpeg
    - Not Tom

Khartago chassis
    7vssmlm8b9wv.jpg

Stratos chassis
    9e7lenarv6fn.jpg

- Not Tom

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,864
    I need to stop by his shop (assuming he has one), since he's local to me in Indy...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    edited September 14
    I am sure he would show you around and demo. But I believe he runs it out of his /garage
    - Not Tom

I am sure he would show you around and demo. But I believe he runs it out of his /garage

Thats my kind of shop! Best kinds of audio shops are the hole in the wall ones!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Yep, I'll take products built out of a garage versus a big hq with alot of marketing costs built into their products
    - Not Tom

Yep, I'll take products built out of a garage versus a big hq with alot of marketing costs built into their products

IndyAudioLab's is another company I'd love to visit..... they now own Aragon and Acurus... former engineers for Klipsch (also headquartered here)
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,453

Just like bars...
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,555
    kharp1 wrote: »

Just like bars...

Amen to that !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,883
    edited September 21
    Where everyone knows your name! B)

CHEERS. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,188
    Nice integrated! Klaus makes some nice sounding amps and speakers.
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster