What’s this worth?

Options
I don’t even know if I can ask but I have a JVC A-X3 integrated amp and am trying to sell for my dad. He’s just wanting to replace some of his old stuff with newer separates.

If I can’t ask this question then let me know. I know I can’t post “make an offer” threads.
Home theater:
43” Westinghouse Displayer
Marantz UD-7007 Player
Emotiva MC-700 Processor
Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
Parasound Zamp Amplifier
Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
Klipsch RC-10 Center
Klipsch R34c Fronts
Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
Parasound P6 Preamplifer
Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    My offer is about $36....
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    ~55wpc, somewhat under-rated Integrated that would be due for a once over...
    If you can find someone looking for that specific JVC, maybe $150-$175 in immaculate condition...but that would be a perfect sale situation.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    azio1htcqkjt.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    Interesting question. It's from that "forgotten" era of massmarket hifi -- I think a whole generation (mine!) had grown up enough to get interested in/busy with other things, and there was also a sea change in the economy and... well, lotsa things. :p

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/jvc/a-x3.shtml

ithnheqm0x54.png

So... by and large, I like JVC stuff... it tends to be a bit under the radar (at least for hifi) in terms of the big Japanese names (JVC = Japanese Victor Corp -- as in the Victor of RCA Victor and Victrola).

No idea what it's really worth -- mebbie a hunnert smackers; I'd probably pay a little more than Russ for one ;) -- $50 to $75 seems reasonable to me. "OBM" would help resale value if available; 'specially on eBAY.

Local sale? -- Russ is probably right on :)

Might be worth investigating a listing at that new-ish audio 'gear for sale' website... the name of which is escaping me at the moment :( I remember it had a pretty wide mix of stuff - and prices.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Options
    There’s a couple on eBay but it’s about impossible to gauge a price seeing as how it’s either $1 or $350. I wish I could have an amp with the power meters on it but the only ones I’ve seen are from onkyo, Yamaha and McIntosh which cross my line of sanity when it comes to spending haha
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    There’s a couple on eBay but it’s about impossible to gauge a price seeing as how it’s either $1 or $350. I wish I could have an amp with the power meters on it but the only ones I’ve seen are from onkyo, Yamaha and McIntosh which cross my line of sanity when it comes to spending haha

Did you do a search for completed, sold items? That will give you the best idea. But if it’s not a common item there won’t be many examples...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options

You can add power meters, you know, if you really feel a need for such a thing :)

https://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?id=350546
    (meant for speakers)

https://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?id=350545
    (Stereo VU meter, meant for line-level applications, but appropriate resistors could be used to scale it to anything you'd want)

... or you can always go retro, but such things ain't cheap any more on the used market :/

wr0uhn8bwq7e.png

source: www.radioshackcatalogs.com (1978)
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited September 2018
    Options

You have to look at only the completed listings that sold. It doesn't matter what someone asks. Lots of people on Ebay smoke crack.

Looking at the completed items two sold for $80 shipped. Unfortunately it was the same one. Makes you wonder what happened or if it really sold at all.

https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+JVC+A-X3+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Options
    delkal wrote: »

You have to look at only the completed listings that sold. It doesn't matter what someone asks. Lots of people on Ebay smoke crack.

Looking at the completed items two sold for $80 shipped. Unfortunately it was the same one. Makes you wonder what happened or if it really sold at all.

https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+JVC+A-X3+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Gee...
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options

This. My friend found several posts on eBay for a beanie baby, that had it listed at $100,000. You can look on eBay, you’ll find it too most likely. Anyway, he thought they were worth that much, and he went up to the attic and pulled out all his old beanie babies and put them up, then I came along and crushed his dreams when I showed him the “sold items” area.
    I couldn’t find the 100k one, but here’s one that’s listed at 30k.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Diana-Beanie-Baby-Bear-1st-Ed-1-1997-PVC-China-MWMT-True-History-Here-/200602670829
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »

This. My friend found several posts on eBay for a beanie baby, that had it listed at $100,000. You can look on eBay, you’ll find it too most likely. Anyway, he thought they were worth that much, and he went up to the attic and pulled out all his old beanie babies and put them up, then I came along and crushed his dreams when I showed him the “sold items” area.
    I couldn’t find the 100k one, but here’s one that’s listed at 30k.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Diana-Beanie-Baby-Bear-1st-Ed-1-1997-PVC-China-MWMT-True-History-Here-/200602670829

I know it, like the tube headphone amplifier that cost $100,000 plus $10,000 shipping or somewhere there abouts

Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Options
    Very sad, mine sold for $20:-( I would’ve rather just kept it but whatever, dad only paid $5 for it haha
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    No idea of value, but it's a rather handsome fella!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Options
    I should’ve just kept it. Hardly worth packing and selling
    Home theater:
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Klipsch RC-10 Center