Are T50 tower speakers inherently better than RTI A1 bookshelf?

Options
Unbelievably, at age 74, I recently experienced surround sound for the first time at the Roosevelt preserve in Grand Teton NP, and it was a revelation. I'm an engineer, so being ignorant isn't too intimidating, but I've made a few mis-steps in creating my own home system; notably in placing RTI A1 bookshelf speakers too close together on the existing entertainment center. I've tested the current speakers further apart (12'), on other furniture and the difference is AMAZING, so I'm considering T50 tower speakers. I'm reluctant to use brackets because of the appearance, but cost is a consideration. Comments?

Answers

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I don't know much about the T series, but id guess that the RtiA 1's are the better speaker. If it were me, I'd put the money you would put towards the T50's towards a seperate subwoofer, perhaps something like the PSW 505.
    Also, welcome to Club Polk!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Just put those RTI A1s on some nice sturdy stands (preferably filled with sand, lead shot, or kitty litter) and they will sound much better!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer