You know it's time to order out when....

Options
40504705_1649631621813270_654748561476419584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=22137f2f094b3c3c50faf796d4c8af11&oe=5BFAD69E

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    That's some serious chili!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    LOL.
    Just making sure, that’s not your kitchen, right?
    What do you think happened there? Did they drop the pot on the stove top? But that wouldn’t explain the bent cover...
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    pressure cooker
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,331
    Options
    No, not my kitchen. Pressure cooker apparently had ran out of water and exploded. I had always heard that they exploded but never have I seen the end result of an explosion until now. Looked to have been rather violent, eh?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I like the lid stuck in the ceiling!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    No, not my kitchen. Pressure cooker apparently had ran out of water and exploded. I had always heard that they exploded but never have I seen the end result of an explosion until now. Looked to have been rather violent, eh?

Tom

:# We have a pressure cooker downstairs, im gonna show that pic to my mom so she realizes that is is simply a ticking time bomb.
    :wink:
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    LOL.
    Just making sure, that’s not your kitchen, right?
    What do you think happened there? Did they drop the pot on the stove top? But that wouldn’t explain the bent cover...

OMG! It looks like the releasing pressure blew the top off, but also pushed the cooker down, for an instant just like a rocket engine. Or like recoil on a firearm. Wow!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    Ouch!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    I thought they had relief valves.

I remember my great aunt (my father's aunt), who had a tobacco farm in Severn MD (which was nowhere 50 years ago... not no mo', tho') cooking with one... and the little weight dancin' atop the vent while whatever was in it was cookin'.

:)

She was an incredible cook.

• treitz3
    Options
    They do have a relief valve but if something gets caught in it and the pressure keeps increasing? You get the end result above or worse. I love cooking in my pressure cooker....er, uh, shall I say....I loved cooking in mine until the pin in my pressure cooker relief valve disappeared somehow. It's so old, there is no replacement and I have been hesitant to get another one because of the photo above.

They are great for cooking a meal that typically takes hours in minutes and the juices have no where to go, so the flavor was typically out of this world when done right. I have since moved on to Sous Vide cooking and just plan ahead now.

Tom
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    The pressure cooker is the one unit you wanna replace regularly. Typically a flaw causes it not to hold pressure anymore but I’m sure a bad part can cause a build up of pressure without appropriate release and then BOOM!

We use one regularly.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    So I have a story about one of these. I was working at an Outback Steakhouse in 1994 and they used large commercial pressure cookers on wheels for the ribs. One Friday night middle of the rush, and explosion happened in the kitchen. Massive concussion. When I ran back there, rob bones stuck in ceiling, meat on every open surface everywhere, and one cook unconscious on the floor next to the unit. He had been in a rush to replenish the ribs and opened the lid too soon without releasing the pressure. The lid (which was solid aluminum about 30” wide) launched into his face about 40mph. He has rushed to the hospital for emergency facial reconstruction surgery. Was the craziest thing I had even seen. We found bones behind everything.
  • treitz3
    Options
    The pressure cooker is the one unit you wanna replace regularly
    Eh, this is one where I do NOT want to do this......let the Darwin awards come out and then buy. It's not like I HAVE to buy a 1979 Ford Pinto...

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Rocket science....
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Rocket science....

Kind of literally. :|
  • motorstereo
    Options
    What a mess......after seeing that I'll gladly continue using the traditional method to heat up my beans and tomato soup.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Chick-fil-A® pressure cooks their chicken too.

I wonder what their SAFETY MEASURES are like. :o

There a lot of Chick-fil-A's out here.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Wendy's and KFC has been pressure cooking their chicken for decades as well.

Tom
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    They have huge pressure locking spin handles like a safe on the tops of the fryers. You literally cannot open it until pressure is down.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    My aforementioned Aunt Naomi pressure-cooked "fried" chicken a la KFC... and hers was absolutely sublime.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    The pic shows why I love my Instapot :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My step daughter LOVES her Insta-Pot too. I think she would make toast in it if she could. She was describing all the things she would cook in it and then freeze some things for later.

She had a big smile while talking about it. Pure Joy.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.