Losing my mind...

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
Not sure why I got back into audio.. just diving so far down the rabbit hole...

-.-
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »

-.-

To answer your question...you know why. ;)

THANKFULLY I haven't spent too much money in my pursuit. I have put probably a total of $700 into my SDA2Bs (initial cost, tweeter and crossover upgrades), my system total is sitting around $935. That is taking into account upgraded cables, amp, preamp, rekkid player, rekkids and speakers.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Famous last words.
  • VR3
    Options
    I really don't have a lot of money in my gear as I have been accumulating/flipping/scrounging for the past 2 years...

I just... said I would keep it simple... but there is no such thing as simple in the pursuit of quality music reproduction...….
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Are you itching for something else?

Is there a sweet deal in your area?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    see you on the way on down...

24377365673_00c0cd649a_b.jpg013 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Mark do you have someone picked out to get rid of all of it when you go? If left up to your significant other it will just go to a dump.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    I reckon some of it will do just that -- I have been tasked to identify any stuff that's truly valuable... gotta get around to that some time...

I am actually getting tired of navigating around some of it. Fortunately, there are lots of regional (northern New England) opportunities to offload junk like this, e.g., the Flea at MIT, NEARC, NEAR-Fest, etc. :)
  • Tony M
    edited August 2018
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

If I had that big of a room, I'd still own all the great speakers I've sold and probably the Maggies would be here also. :pB)

I can tell you know a great receiver, amp or whatever when you see one. Your speaker heard is a little thin though.

I sold a ton of stuff over the years but I lost my record book that documented it all.

I was going to take pictures of the pages and post them here on the forum. But I guess it's long gone. I think I lent it to a buyer to look at, to see when and what he's bought over 10 years or so.

I think he probably lost it. I need to call him right now. no answer. But he's OK. He'll call me back.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Mark do you have someone picked out to get rid of all of it when you go? If left up to your significant other it will just go to a dump.

I am self nominating myself as a stand in for professor’s significant other! I guarantee none of the stuff will ever return to the dump! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options

I know after his death I'm hanging out at his town dump as he calls it.... o:)o:)o:)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I know after his death I'm hanging out at his town dump as he calls it.... o:)o:)o:)

Agreed. Doc, can you give us the address? :wink::lol:
  • Tony M
    edited August 2018
    Options
    semi-Quote from around an hour ago...

I think he ( an old friend who's bought a lot of stuff from me ) probably lost it. I need to call him right now. no answer. But he's OK. He'll call me back.

He called me within a 1/2 hour. He remembered me offering it to him to look through a few months ago. He said he didn't want to take the valuable ( :) ) history of my sales and declined. I must have brought it into my house for some reason and had it on the dining room table

Well...my wife heard me talking to him about it. She suggested a place to look. I said maybe...

She then asked if I looked in this small Tupperware storage container sitting in a dining room chair. I said I think so. She opened it up and quickly pulled the note pad out.

Is this what you're looking for?

YES!

I thought it was lost forever! She had cleaned up the dining table a few months ago and put a few things into that container. She saves paper stuff. I save everything else. :)

She's been doing that to me for almost 30 years . :s

I thought it was 15 years of sales, it's only 9 years of sales and I didn't record any for 2017 or any this year either. It's been rough and lately, I didn't have this note pad and didn't write things down ( there wasn't much anyway) when I did make a sale.
  • VR3
    Options
    All I will divulge 7urxqgokxcrn.jpg

Until I pick it up
  • Tony M
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ody...y....Interesting. :)
    Home Theater amp?
    cxjn9m12yl1s.png

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    All I will divulge 7urxqgokxcrn.jpg

Until I pick it up

Isn't that their new soundbar?

:p
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    Options
    This is a unique one, excited to hear it
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Can't be hard to find that fine piece of land on google earth ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Can't be hard to find that fine piece of land on google earth ;)

That’s a rather large area to cover though. It’s somewhere in Northern New England. In theory, he could be North of his friend who lives down the street, and also lives next to the border. In that case, we’ve got all of New England. But what if... uh... hm.. I can’t figure out how to tie this into the whole country. Oh well.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options

Hoarder
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    I reckon some of it will do just that -- I have been tasked to identify any stuff that's truly valuable... gotta get around to that some time...

I am actually getting tired of navigating around some of it. Fortunately, there are lots of regional (northern New England) opportunities to offload junk like this, e.g., the Flea at MIT, NEARC, NEAR-Fest, etc. :)
    Hey Doc, I have a six-pack of (2S,5S)-2-Propyl-5-hydroxypyridine with your name on it!

In with 17!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Hey, pssst, Trey...
    Yeah, ovah heah, in the shadows.
    You ever, uhh... been curious, you know, about rekkids?
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Options
    Hey now... I'm no Jesse, can't give into the dark side
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    but there is no such thing as simple in the pursuit of quality music reproduction...….

Great quote!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options

-.-

You don’t know how deep a hole can be until you get into vinyl.....ugh!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    That one inspires both laughter and agreement.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

-.-

You don’t know how deep a hole can be until you get into vinyl.....ugh!

LOL, yep, which is why some of us were a bit surprised at your plunge.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Doc should be given a medal for saving all that beautiful gear from a terrible fate at the bottom of a landfill.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2018
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Doc should be given a medal for saving all that beautiful gear from a terrible fate at the bottom of a landfill.

Only temporarily, it will end up there sooner or later. Someone will call 1-800-GotJunk to come take it all away.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • VR3
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't have alot of stuff...

But my original intention was to just have a receiver and an amp for my setup but my musical taste does not quite align with the sound quality of a receiver as the pre....