Awesome* Analog Karma -- a dozen prerecorded cassette albums :)

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Derp! It's 8:12 in Northern New England!
    The winner, selected as randomly as possible, is @FestYboy!

Waitin' to hear back from him -- he's probably still tryin' to recover his breath as the gloriosity of that Streisand cassette sinks in. :|

Thank you all for your interest!
    I have another karmic moment in development -- further details as events warrant.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That was fun to follow.

And cassettes of all things... B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    They're back -- I read a thing a coupla weeks ago in NYT or someplace... srsly.

:)
  • Tony M
    edited August 2018
    I read where cassettes spiked in sales after " Guardians of the Galaxy" movies. The spike mainly consisted of the Movie Soundtrack Tapes. Then sales dropped off.

With "Baby" from "Baby Driver" using cassettes also, they expect another spike. ;)

There might be an underground movement but for store sales....not so much, really.
    My home-made upright audio rack has a drawer made just for cassettes! I used it too. I had a cassette deck under a receiver and above a TT in that rack. There is two shelves below the Cassette drawer too, behind louvered doors. I filled those shelves up back then too.

I played some cassettes just 2 years ago playing chess and they did sound pretty good. My hearing is aged so that might help not hearing a hiss. :D
  • mhardy6647
    The Ben Orr tape sounded pretty good when I was checkin' these out. Probably a decent album, too. :)
  • mhardy6647
    This just in from our ace field reporter, Les "Oh the humanity" Nessman:

hor0lrccuy56.png

The tapes are to be trans-karma'd directly to @Dabutcher's son, per the request of @FestYboy. Happy Karma!

:)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

https://youtu.be/p00nBSNIPwg

rlgh939qwrcj.png
  • Tony M
    That's great.
    Great Karma and then gifting the prize forward. B)

@Dabucher's son would probably enjoy those "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack tapes now too. :) And Baby's tracks on cassette too.