LSiM 705 pair - Mt. Vernon Cherry

Options
For one week only, until UPS comes to pick them up, I have a practically new pair of the LSiM 705 speakers in Mt. Vernon Cherry available to you for exactly what I paid $850.

Best part, they have ~ 150 hours on them so, for all intents and purposes, they’re fully broken in!

No scuffs. No scratches. The OE grills haven’t even been taken out of the plastic.

Local pickup in St. Louis, Missouri only. More than happy to audition them for you.

If you missed out on the deal, now is your chance to snap them up.

If you need pics I can snap some more but, honestly, these are less than 30 days old.

Russ @lightman1 can vouch for their aesthetic condition!

Limited time offer.

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
12pb462caqek.jpeg
vkif9k4h4oyy.jpeg
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Awesome deal here
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Still shiny! Saw them with my own four eyes...
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Why?

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Why?

Why??
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Why are you parting with the speakers?

Sorry for the incomplete thought earlier. You just bought these, correct?

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halo
    Options
    Why are you parting with the speakers?

Sorry for the incomplete thought earlier. You just bought these, correct?

They just didn't work well with my gear. My amp & preamp have a "warm" sound and the LSiM do as well. Warm + warm didn't work for me. There's nothing wrong with the speakers. IMHO, they will pair better with a different amp/preamp combo.

So, now, you have a chance to get these at a ridiculously low price for the next week.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Good luck with sale. I have had mine for a week now and love every thing about them. Wife has not spoke a peep. Which means they look awesome! Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Kevog
    Kevog Posts: 7
    Options
    I'd grab these in a second if I was a little bit closer! If shipping was an option, I'd sure be interested...just sayin...
    LG OLED 65C6 - Denon AVR-x3400 - Emotiva A-5175 - OPPO 203 - Polk RTI A5 towers, CSi A6 center, FXi A6 surrounds - SVS PC12 Plus
  • halo
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kevog wrote: »
    I'd grab these in a second if I was a little bit closer! If shipping was an option, I'd sure be interested...just sayin...

They are 100 lbs each so shipping may be costly and is not covered under the stated price of $850. This forum also usually restricts purchases to Polk Forum member with at least 100 posts.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    This forum also usually restricts purchases to Polk Forum member with at least 100 posts.

This is no longer the case. It's up to the seller to restrict sales now.

• halo
    Options
    This forum also usually restricts purchases to Polk Forum member with at least 100 posts.

I know. I prefer the 100 post standard. I can’t go back and edit the original post though (thanks Vanilla).
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options

I know. I prefer the 100 post standard. I can’t go back and edit the original post though (thanks Vanilla).

Bet if you PM'd @KennethSwauger what you wanted edited, he could do it for you :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Kevog
    Options
    I understand completely about wanting established folks - and all the hassle of shipping! I've been wanting some cherry 705's for a while, but totally whiffed on the Adorama sale last month.
    LG OLED 65C6 - Denon AVR-x3400 - Emotiva A-5175 - OPPO 203 - Polk RTI A5 towers, CSi A6 center, FXi A6 surrounds - SVS PC12 Plus
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Hang around and contribute, it won't take long to get to 100 posts. There are legitimate reasons for the 100 post preference, great deals on gear to other members and you know who you can trust when you're buying gear.
  • Kevog
    Options
    Absolutely! I've been a lurker for a long time. And thanks...
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Welcome to Club Polk Kevog!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • talha
    talha Posts: 6
    Options

[/quote]

I know. I prefer the 100 post standard. I can’t go back and edit the original post though (thanks Vanilla). [/quote]

Can you ship it internationally to me, if it is still available?
    I will pay the shipping cost as well
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Can you send your mover & pay with a bank Cheque too? Be sure to include extra to be paid to the mover also, OK?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    talha wrote: »

You wouldn't, by any chance, be the purchasing agent for that nice Nigerian prince that keeps wanting to send me that 150 million dollars....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited August 2018
    Options

Since they are the same price as a new pair why don't you buy a new pair from a dealer.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

Since they are the same price as a new pair why don't you buy a new pair from a dealer.

I looked and didn’t see that the deal is currently available. Am I missing something?
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    You’re not.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • talha
    talha Posts: 6
    Options

You wouldn't, by any chance, be the purchasing agent for that nice Nigerian prince that keeps wanting to send me that 150 million dollars....

i wish i had that kind of money. the dealer doesn't ship the pair internationally. life is tough for international polk audio fans
This discussion has been closed.