2.3TL Crossover Help

Hey all, I need help!

Thanks to gmcman, I have new (really big) capacitors for my 2.3TLs. With the help of a friend, I did the crossover upgrade today on the right channel only. When I put it back in, I had lost the SDA effect. The SDA speakers aren't playing at all.

I used Gimpod's boards (which are amazing!!!) and I'm using a beat up old RCA cable for the IC. It's bad, but it worked before.

Any ideas on what I did wrong? I'm stumped at what to even try. It's possible we wired something incorrectly, but we went through it with a meter and it looked ok.

I attached a couple pictures I took during the process. If you need to see something else, let me know and I'll take it out and do more pictures.

Thanks in advance!

n5o7owtia64i.jpg
qrpwzxgtonvc.jpg
2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    The first thing you should check is your SDA cable.

Did you put a jumper between I and K?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    I've been working on mine as well, won't get them both finished tonight.

I would double check your two larger board inductor leads.

Can you post a pic of the underside?

This is from my current board.

y3wl1v1nzgmo.jpg
  • BC6
    BC6 Posts: 109
    The SDA cable is a piece of junk, but it worked before. We did put the jumper between I and K, but I'll double check to make sure we soldered it correctly.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Just because something worked before doesn't mean it will today.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Them caps just dwarf the bigger boards.... that's awesome :D
  • BC6
    It’s definitely not the cable. I tried my CRS cable (which works perfectly on the CRS) and still no SDA effct. The inductor leads might be it. I’ll look at them and post pictures of the back tomorrow.

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    I would also try a polarity test, make sure all the woofers are firing and in phase.
  • BC6
    Whew! I fixed it. Gmcman was right about the inductor leads. One of the solders was loose. Thanks to both of you for the help!