FS: Vincent SV-236MK Hybrid Integrated

I am looking to sell my Vincent SV-236MK Hybrid Integrated.
This is a very well reviewed integrated that I have enjoyed having around but I am rapidly discovering that it is simply too much power for my speakers/room so I am moving back to separates and moving my EL34 based amp back into the mix. It's 30wpc is much more suited to my very high efficiency speakers that are designed to be run on SET amps.

There is nothing wrong with the Vincent and I was conservatively rate it at an 8/10.
There is nary a scratch or scuff on her and she sounds as good as she looks.
With a pair of 12AX7 tubes in the preamp section (and a third displayed on the front panel with dimmable LEDs to provide extra eye candy) and the first 10 watts delivered as pure class A, you get all that juicy tubey goodness with the brute force of solid state when you need it.

I haven't gotten a chance to take any pictures as I am currently breaking down my rack but will post some up soon.

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/vincent_tubeline_sv-236mk_integrated_amplifier/index.html

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/vincent2/1.html

The above reviews give you a brief look at what you're buying.

Asking price is $1100 which will include shipping to the lower 48. The amp comes with the remote, allen wrench for tube swaps (to remove the top), stock power cord, original double box and foam inserts as well as the manual.
Preferred payment method is via Paypal Friends and Family and I will reserve first "dibs" for active forum members of 100 posts or more for the first week. Regular Paypal payments, I ask for an extra 3% to offset the Paypal fee for those who aren't comfortable with Friends and Family payments.

Thanks for taking the time to read this ad and shoot me a PM with any questions you may have.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Excellent Integrated for the money, I got the Vincent SA-T1 Preamp version of this in my 2 channel, rig which set me back $900 so for the price this Integrated is selling for it's a great deal. Ryan good luck with the sale.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Shaddup Russ or I hold the VTLs hostage!

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    I’ll give you $16
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I have seen this amp in person and it looks as good as the day it was made. Ryan wouldn't even let me get that close to it for fear I'd breathe on it.

Russ had to wear a shock collar to enter the room, and if he moved anywhere in FRONT of the main LP he got a massive shock....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Man, I want this! It’s an absolutely beautiful integrated. Wish I had the funds. If I get some of my excess gear sold, consider me interested.

Any interest in partial trades Ryan?
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    This is a great integrated at a great price....had one and miss it!
  • ZLTFUL
    This is yours @kevhed72 ;)

I am moving back to separates...not through any fault of the Vincent's but more through the realization that this is simply too much power for my space and incredibly easy to drive speakers. I never get more than 1/4 on the dial before it is at or above concert levels in my office. But then 93db speakers that were built to run on SET power will do that. Hehe.

• kevhed72
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    This is yours @kevhed72 ;)

I am moving back to separates...not through any fault of the Vincent's but more through the realization that this is simply too much power for my space and incredibly easy to drive speakers. I never get more than 1/4 on the dial before it is at or above concert levels in my office. But then 93db speakers that were built to run on SET power will do that. Hehe.
    Ya know...that thought crossed my mind right after I posted that :D

• ZLTFUL
    SOLD! To the man in the Scuba Steve Outfit!

20ce452d9ef8d0cf77e93310d3781293.jpg

• scubalab
    Ryan - you are the ONLY person to come that close to how my nickname originated!

We're huge fans of Big Daddy. When we got our late dog (a black lab) back in 2001, we couldn't decide on a name. Without getting too much into the weeds, I have a brother named Steve. He was there when we were deciding on a name. The movie was on, and we kept calling my brother Scuba Steve. The logical thing to do was call the dog Scuba, and the brother Steve.

And... there you have it! Scuba (from Scuba Steve) + lab (Labrador) = Scubalab

Now, to this day, my kids still call my other brother Uncle Remus (another Scuba Steve reference).
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    scubalab wrote: »

Now, to this day, my kids still call my other brother Uncle Remus (another Scuba Steve reference).

Boy that is close to one of the most RACIST movies Disney ever made I'm aware of..

Song of the South

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited August 2018
    @scubalab

Lies... this is where the name comes from...

AIUk.gif
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kevhed72
    @ scubalab
    If you are interested, I have 3 Westinghouse tubes you may want to try out in the Vincent which I can let go cheap....let me know. They made a pretty noticable difference vs the stock tubes.
  • scubalab
    Kev,

That's a great gesture. I'm still working on 'paying off' the Vincent, and haven't received it just yet. I'll definitely reach out to you regarding the tubes. I appreciate that, and any other tips you may have on getting the most out of the 'new-to-me' integrated.

Thanks,
    -Al
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Congrats Al! Thats a damn nice integrated
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • scubalab
    Thanks Zach - I'm really looking forward to it.

How's the MH/Rhumba/B&K/Focal rig doing? Sweet sounding setup from my short time listening to it. How's the "lap dog" (I miss our dog...)?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    stangman67 wrote: »

Zach haven't seen you on the forum much lately, hope all is well.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    scubalab wrote: »
    Thanks Zach - I'm really looking forward to it.

How's the MH/Rhumba/B&K/Focal rig doing? Sweet sounding setup from my short time listening to it. How's the "lap dog" (I miss our dog...)?

The stereo is still going strong. No complaints whatsoever, doesn’t wet as much use as I like but I’m not around my house all that much at the time. The pup is good, she’s actually living done in Florida with my parents due to my current work schedule and future work changes. Her and my parents new dog are best friends so I’m not sure I have it in me to separate them. Hope all is well with you!
    Clipdat wrote: »
    stangman67 wrote: »

Zach haven't seen you on the forum much lately, hope all is well.

All is well, thanks. I poke around quite often, just don’t post much.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius