Third times a charm?

2»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,030
    Which caps did you upgrade? With what?

Just curious..........

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    stock, schmock.

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,552
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Which caps did you upgrade? With what?

Just curious..........

H9

Just put better electrolytics in. The gold ones are "FG" series and the blue one is...heck...whatever it says... "KA"? Both at the top of the Nichicon line.

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • heiney9
    I see that now, comparing your build to the DIY Audio site pics.

B)B)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I see that now, comparing your build to the DIY Audio site pics.

B)B)

I foresee a winter time project in your future :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    edited August 2018
    I passed (no pun intended) on the first three runs of this project. On the waiting list now. Don't have a use for it, but I'll find one. Or Aaron can sell me his when his next project comes along :D
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Nice work. Cute little mono blocs. Great looking chassis.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    Hi Fred!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Is this some sort of firstwatt clone? Very cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • heiney9
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Is this some sort of firstwatt clone? Very cool.

Amp Camp Amp - sponsored by Nelson Pass

The Amp Camp Amp was created by Nelson Pass for a special event called "Amp Camp" in which 20 people built their very first amplifier from start to finish in one afternoon. The event was held outdoors on a lovely sunny day in California and all attendees walked away with a fully functioning amplifier and a smile on their dials.

Naturally, other people wanted share that same amazing experience of successfully building their first amplifier so diyAudio has created the three essential ingredients you need for that same journey - the parts, the instructions, and the community.

Read more in the Amp Camp Amp article hosted on diyAudio

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diyaudio-com-articles/214808-amp-camp-amp-1-a.html

H9