Parasound vs Marantz power amp

joecoulson
joecoulson Posts: 4,943
So I am looking to drive the 705’s with a little cleaner juice. I do not have a huge budget and don’t really need more than 150w pc of clean power based on the rest of my system. I do want a new amp (or refurb) and not an older one.
I have it nailed down to two contenders so far
Marantz mm7025 at 140wpc
And
Parasound 2125 v1 (b stock from safe and sound hq)

Which one would be a better fit for the 705’s with a mix of sources -HT, CD, LP’s etc?

Comments

• joecoulson
    Sorry. 2125 v2 brand new.
    Vs the Marantz new
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    Not a fan of the 2125 sound at all. To me it is too cold and just a touch on the bright side. The Marantz should be just the opposite. Although I have not heard this 7025, I do own Marantz equipment and warmth seems to be a signature trait.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • joecoulson
    Ok. So I went quite sideways from my original choices.
    My local dealer had Linn LK240 monoblocks on consignment for a client. So I got them! Came with set of Linn interconnects and all I can say is what an improvement over my Marantz AV (of course)
    The 705’s are singing
    Thanks for the feedback Polk community. All one of you...;)
  • joecoulson
    Thank You sir!
    You approve of the vintage choice?
  • joecoulson
    Fair enough and yes they do! Thanks man.