SDA CRS

124»

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    I picked up the NAD and other stuff last night, and while I did not have time to hook up the NAD, the Monitor Audios sound really nice. I didn't know such good sound could come in that small of a package.

If you are looking for something small, these get 2 thumbs up from me. Just make sure you pair them with a sub. :)

I am going to order the hurricane nuts later this week, and install them. :)
    Thanks for the tips!
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Ok, so the NAD sounds great. The SDA’s are sounding better than ever. I did, however, (y’all are gonna think I’m crazy) switch them for the Monitor Audioks, but only because I want to see how I like them. So far, I like them a lot. Surprisingly, at least to me anyway, they are clearer than the Missions and the SDA’s. They have a good sound stage, but nothing like the SDA’s, more on par with the Missions. Not too much depth, but height and width are certainly there. Leaning to the bright side, at least for me, but not as bright as the SDA’ w/ SL2000’s.
    I’d say their only big drawbacks are bass extension and efficiency. I plan on using these as desktop monitors in the future, I think they’ll do great at that.
    p3xoz65vwzdg.jpeg
    bib5sszxpea7.jpeg
    One of these has them next to my Yamaha’s remote for size comparison. They really are tiny!
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    So, I am now thinking about the fate of the SDA’s. I do really, really like them, but even with the SDA cable, I like the Missions and the Monitors more. As much as I tried to like the SL2000’s, they are just too bright and harsh for me, and I don’t have the money to put into them for the tweeters and rebuilding the crossovers. I also don’t really want to put it into them, as I need to start saving up for a car, and pay for gas. The entire reason for buying the NAD was so that I could get that, cables, and be done. But I forgot that I needed to rebuild the SDA’s, and that will add at least another $250. And then I need stands for them, and the list continues.
    So while I do really like them, and I keep telling myself I need to keep them, I am thinking that I might sell them, as I really don’t want to store these speakers until I can afford to upgrade them (probably a while after I move out in a few years, as I’m turning my funds away from audio for a while). What I am thinking I might do is sell these now, and then later buy a different pair. None of this is set in stone, and I’m going to continue to think about it for a while most likely.
    Thanks for all your help, and if I decide to keep them, I will certainly put it to good use. I may still do a few of the cheaper mods to the Missions, so your tips have not gone to waste. Some of you probably think that I have lost my marbles, but I can’t afford to do the upgrades and since I like my other speakers more, these will never get used and will just sit, wasted. I don’t want that. I want someone to enjoy them.
    Micah
    Micah

• verbverb Posts: 3,681
    edited October 16
    I can vouch for Dave's and Jesse's guidance on the H-nut procedure. My soon to be resurrected thread (upcoming winter project) of installing H-nuts on my 1C's. With pics! :smile:
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179960/another-1c-upgrade-path/p1
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    BTW I have plenty of extras if you want them! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    verb wrote: »
    BTW I have plenty of extras if you want them! :smile:

Thanks for the offer, but I think shipping would cost about as much as a new pack of nuts. :)
    And I was more referring to the price of RD0 tweeters, crossover restorations, and stands.
    Thanks for the offer! :)
    Micah

124»