Bryston raising prices

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
Just read on another forum that Bryston will raise prices 17% in September because of our tariffs. That's a good motivator to buy now if you are looking.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Even if they were going through a 17% price decrease, I still couldn't afford them...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    Options
    True that
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I recall they increased pricing a couple years ago by 15 percent stating materials costs going up. Materials costs do tend to increase during periods of economic growth and rising commodity prices. At the time I thought it was an interesting marketing strategy to get potential buyers off the fence and nothing more than that. Hard to tell how much tariffs have to do with increasing their production costs since I am not aware that the US has imposed higher import duty on high end consumer electronics gear from Canada. If they are importing materials from the US then the tariff issue is Canadian made. My guess is it is more of an excuse. If all tariffs were to be set back to 2016 levels does that mean Bryston would lower their prices by 17 percent? I doubt it. :)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have had to raise prices on all metals and soft wood products. Metals 20% and soft wood, 40% (Tariffs on Canada soft wood)

Nothing is going to get cheaper, until the economy crashes and resets.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Metals went up way before the talk of tariffs
    Metals always go up when going to high demand
    right now they are in high demand because manufacturing is up which means buying azar
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    ^^and metals are going up again because of tariffs, way more.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    I order metals every day at work, so I see the up and down, funny how the prices go up when materials go up but not down when they go down.. Well gas, and milk seem to fluctuate..
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Aluminum has been the most unstable in pricing for the most part..
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    [QUOTE/]Per our conversation please find attached the letter I composed to address the pricing on the new material we just received from the mill.

With all the reports by the news concerning President Trump, his tariffs, and the possibility of trade wars the general public is aware of the price inflation in metals. However if your customer would like some supporting Mill
    Documents we can certainly supply them.

Thank you,
    [QUOTE/]

This is just one letter I have recieved..