New Toy

jeremymarcinko
jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
edited July 2018 in The Clubhouse
With my baby boy coming in a couple of months I needed another seat to haul the four kids around. Really just an excuse to buy a new toy as I know there are much better options for people hauling.
p82ta3ku1tcn.jpeg

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Nice car! Can you give us some specs?
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited July 2018
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4
    One of the last real mid size SUVs still built on a truck frame. ;)
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Congrats... They are awesome vehicles.... They will last 20 years if you take good care of them and like 19 if you don't...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited July 2018
    I was disappointed I couldn’t get any TRD version with a 3rd row. Not like I need it though.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    like what? a mini van.... nice choice
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Willow wrote: »

Real men don't drive mini vans. :p
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Very nice.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jeremymarcinko
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »

Real men don't drive mini vans. :p

Yeah, need to be prepared for the Zombie apocalypse.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Nice ride that 4runner is.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Drove them for 12 years in MN, never left stranded and never broke down...enjoy your ride........
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Nice choice and congrats! Have a Sport Runner 2005 V8 4x4 myself. It's my 3rd Runner. Yes, they've been working for me.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The 4Runner was on my short list but I needed something that could safely pull more than 5000lbs
    That said, if I had not needed the towing capacity, we would have ended up with the Yota.

Nice new ride!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • jeremymarcinko
    Well I hope it works out. I like the simplicity, feels like 1999, but weird to have paid more for old tech. For the premium it’s pretty basic and the gas mileage sucks. But I didn’t want a full size suv (expensive) or a front wheel drive unibody suv. At $40k or less it was either this or a full size.
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited July 2018
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    The 4Runner was on my short list but I needed something that could safely pull more than 5000lbs
    That said, if I had not needed the towing capacity, we would have ended up with the Yota.

Nice new ride!

Yeah 5000lbs is pretty decent for a mid size SUV. I still have the 2016 Colorado for towing and truck stuff. I think it’ll tow 7500lbs. Unless I get a boat at some point I doubt I’ll need to haul anything near that anyway.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Yep Yotas run forever my 93 4×4 is still going strong nice 4 runner you got there. They definitely changed the front end up looks different, how long have they had that style? Congratulations.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jeremymarcinko
    Since 2014 with the current body.