My uncles are GREAT

Hi guys I just wanted to show you some stuff my uncle passed down to me :) aqdbcav1tclc.jpg
j8yjmunsvyfe.jpg
y6uvggnv73fk.jpg
Boston Acoustic T1000s,Rega Planet 2000,Brio Amp still in the box and Q series speakers.

Comments

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,411
    Congrats on having a cool uncle and the gifted gear. I had the same Pioneer reverb processor and dynamic expander back in the early 80's.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,080
    Good uncle. I think that Rega CD player is a gem. May have sold for $1.5k back when it was new and that was almost 20 years ago now.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,417
    edited July 23
    edit: oops, irrelevant. sorry.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • RealisticRealistic Posts: 355
    Hey guys, the reverb, dynamic processor and the eq are just a light show for my enjoyment at night there not in the signal path I just like the cool factor.
    That cd player has me listening to all my cds again what a fantastic change.
    I was asking them about a vintage tube amp, still looking though and wound up bringing this stuff home :)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 277
    Nice!
    TV - Sony XBR 75X900E
    Amps - Marantz SR5003 , 2 x Linn Lk240’s , NAD 2400 THX, Denon 1804
    Speakers - POlk Lsim705’s ,Totem Acoustic Rainmaker's, Sonus Faber Piccolo, Definitive Technology SM350's , Sonos Play 5, 2 play 1's, Mirage Oasis MKii's
    Subwoofers - SVS SB16 Ultra, Jamo D4SUB
    Sources - Denon 2910, Sony CDP-CX355, JVC XM448BK, Sonos Connect,
    Vinyl - Project Debut III, Nagaoka MP-110, Cambridge Audio Solo, Okki Nokki RCM
    Cables - Zu Audio power cables, AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables, Linn Interconnects
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,407
    Wow! That’s some pretty sick gear there!
    My uncle gave me a set of the BIG Cerwin Vegas when I first got into audio. Unfortunately, they are living with his sister in Oklahoma at this point, and we have no way to get them here. Not that I would ever use them, of course.
    You might as well call me Russ :tongue: :wink:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,529
    very nice.....enjoy them
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,243
    Hook the Planet up to the Brio and achieve pure aural bliss!
    Got Dayens?
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,999
    Congrats on the new gear. Make sure to really thank him or them. Not just by saying thanks, explain to him or them your experiences with the new gear.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

I thank both of them every time we talk, I talked to him about the Breo and the Pioneer and how I prefer the Pioneer over then Breo and he thinks a more laid back speaker set and different speaker cables. He told me you can tune the Breo with speaker cables, I thought he was kidding but he wasn't.