Atrium 6 static

I just ordered and received 2 Atrium 6 outdoor loudspeakers. I hooked them up to my stereo indoors and they sounded crackled and full of static. I have a houseful of Polk Speakers and I absolutely love them. I have read numerous reviews about how great the Atrium 6 sounds. I tried it on a 2nd stereo with similar results. They literally sound blown or broken. I am using a 100W output on a Yamaha Amp, with 12g wire and banana clips. The outdoor setup is using 18g wire with no banana clip. Both setups sound the same.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Most likely either the speaker's tweeters or mid-range drivers (or both) have been damaged and would have to be replaced. You might want to begin bringing this up with the company or person who sold them to you. If that doesn't work contact Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1.
  • Paizan
    Paizan Posts: 2
    Thanks. I wanted to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong. A replacement pair is on the way. I know Polk and these don't sound like Polk! As soon as I plugged them in, on low volume, they sounded bad. I checked polarity, changed amps, changed wires, used banana clips. I think they were just bad. It happens to the best of 'em.