Anybody seen Los Lobos lately?

dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,251
Los Lobos playing in the area on Sunday and I had planned to attend but as it gets closer I'm cooling to the idea. Anybody see them lately and have any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,566
    Saw em in 2008 Experience Hendrix, hell that was a long time ago. They were pretty good then.
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

• msgmsg Posts: 4,270
    Now I wanna watch La Bamba.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,404
    No, but we saw David Hidalgo a couple-three years ago with David Bromberg & Larry Campbell, and he was/they were excellent.

Actually, as modest as it was, it was one of the most entertaining performances I've yet seen (and, at my advanced age, I've seen quite a few).

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,251
    Thanks, David Hidalgo is the reason I'm entertaining the idea. Larry Campbell is one of my all-time favorites, seen him many many times with Dylan and also by himself and Theresa Williams including last fall. I imagine a show with Larry, David and Bromberg was quite the evening.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,404
    edited July 12
    De nada.

It really was [quite the evening] -- just purely entertaining and outstanding performances and musicianship. We saw 'em at a favorite venue of ours (the Flying Monkey, in Plymouth, NH) and it was just a terrific live concert experience -- the kind of thing that makes me wonder why folks pay outrageous prices to go to huge stadiums to see the warhorse bands and entertainers :|

Yes, Larry Campbell is astonishingly good -- and as unassuming a performer as I've seen, I think. We've seen him both "stag" and "drag". He and Theresa joined "Bobby & Phil" when we saw 'em in Boston back in the winter and they added a lot to the songs on which they performed. A lot. :)

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,251
    As an aside, I asked Larry after a show with Theresa a couple years ago how it came to be that he and Charlie were allowed to sing harmonies with Dylan when Larry was in the band, and he said "we just did it." To my mind, Larry's period in Dylan's band was the best band Dylan ever had. The mind-blowing harmonies on the Dylan classics and Larry's multi-instrumental capabilities, as you say, "added alot" to the Dylan concerts.