Can I use a pair of SDA 1C with an Onkyo M-282

Good Afternoon Polk Forum I have a question would i be able to use a pair of SDA-1cs with the SDA cable connected with An Onkyo M-282 Is that amp common ground or no if not what would a good common ground amp be for under $350 USD

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,207
    I think it probably has the power, although I can’t find a schematic on the interwebs. If you have a multimeter, you can use it to test the resistance across the negative terminals. If it reads less than one ohm, you are probably OK.
    Micah
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • Thank you for your response Micah
    I'm just looking for cheap amplifier where I can use the SDA feature I've already got a receiver that I absolutely love could you or anyone recommend a good amplifier I could use thats under the $400 mark
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,807
    Test the negative outputs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,454
    If you're patient, you can get an Adcom GFA 555 for that much. Also there are big boy NADs out there for even less.
  • Awesome thank you for the options FestYboy I'll look into an Adcom or a NAD instead of that onkyo I have nothing against onkyo my grandfather has a onkyo tx-4500mkii that I would really like to have like.. mlistens03 and I could not find a schematic of that m282 amp at all. The main reason why I am looking into a amp is it would like three pairs of front speakers my monitor 7s and my bose 201 series iii on my Sony Da50ES and the SDA 1s on a nice amp
  • Thank you F1nut for the advice but I don't have that amp I was hoping someone on here had it so I wouldn't make a bad purchase and blowing up that amp
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,414
    Thank you for your response Micah
    I'm just looking for cheap amplifier where I can use the SDA feature I've already got a receiver that I absolutely love could you or anyone recommend a good amplifier I could use thats under the $400 mark

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to save a few dollars to buy some punctuation! :p
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,826
    I owned one of those Onkyos in the past. Used it to power Zone 2 speakers. Even in that application, it was rather underwhelming. You can get a much better amp for your $400 budget, Adcom, NAD, Parasound, B&K...
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,207
    Thank you for your response Micah

You’re welcome!
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
  • leftwinger57leftwinger57 Posts: 2,859
    Just a thought, some companies do have an archive who just might direct you to the question your asking. It worked for me when I needed an old remote for my Onkyo p-3150v the woman looked it right up and I still had it. Another biggie is the McIntosh factory who has an artifact dept. and and a a guy is there to answer most all questions. Try it. it can't hurt.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc