Can I use a pair of SDA 1C with an Onkyo M-282

Good Afternoon Polk Forum I have a question would i be able to use a pair of SDA-1cs with the SDA cable connected with An Onkyo M-282 Is that amp common ground or no if not what would a good common ground amp be for under $350 USD

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I think it probably has the power, although I can’t find a schematic on the interwebs. If you have a multimeter, you can use it to test the resistance across the negative terminals. If it reads less than one ohm, you are probably OK.
    Micah
  • Thank you for your response Micah
    I'm just looking for cheap amplifier where I can use the SDA feature I've already got a receiver that I absolutely love could you or anyone recommend a good amplifier I could use thats under the $400 mark
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Test the negative outputs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    If you're patient, you can get an Adcom GFA 555 for that much. Also there are big boy NADs out there for even less.
  • Awesome thank you for the options FestYboy I'll look into an Adcom or a NAD instead of that onkyo I have nothing against onkyo my grandfather has a onkyo tx-4500mkii that I would really like to have like.. mlistens03 and I could not find a schematic of that m282 amp at all. The main reason why I am looking into a amp is it would like three pairs of front speakers my monitor 7s and my bose 201 series iii on my Sony Da50ES and the SDA 1s on a nice amp
  • Thank you F1nut for the advice but I don't have that amp I was hoping someone on here had it so I wouldn't make a bad purchase and blowing up that amp
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Thank you for your response Micah
    I'm just looking for cheap amplifier where I can use the SDA feature I've already got a receiver that I absolutely love could you or anyone recommend a good amplifier I could use thats under the $400 mark

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to save a few dollars to buy some punctuation! :p
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I owned one of those Onkyos in the past. Used it to power Zone 2 speakers. Even in that application, it was rather underwhelming. You can get a much better amp for your $400 budget, Adcom, NAD, Parasound, B&K...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Thank you for your response Micah

You’re welcome!
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Just a thought, some companies do have an archive who just might direct you to the question your asking. It worked for me when I needed an old remote for my Onkyo p-3150v the woman looked it right up and I still had it. Another biggie is the McIntosh factory who has an artifact dept. and and a a guy is there to answer most all questions. Try it. it can't hurt.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc