Closest current line to SDA

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2018
    eztommyd wrote: »
    Having owned SDAs for 33 years, I can tell you that it is.

Well, as far as SDA ownership you've got me beat by 3 years, but I've owned and heard a lot more SDA models than you. I have owned RTiA's for 10 years and heard just about every model. Knowing both series literally inside and out I assure you they do not sound the same.

Perhaps the reason you think they sound the same is because of the "Sony 100W receiver" you are driving things with.

Edited, thanks Clipdat.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited July 2018
    He actually said "I'll also eventually replace my Sony 100W receiver with a dedicated 200W amp" implying that he's still using the Sony receiver to power the speakers, and is not yet using outboard amplification.

@eztommyd I strongly suggest you address your receiver/amplifier situation, as an inexpensive Sony receiver isn't going to be doing your speakers any favors.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Perhaps the reason you think they sound the same is because of the "Sony 100W receiver with a dedicated 200W amp" you are driving things with.